My Dog Loves Fondant!!!! Free Dog (Nice Christmas Present)

Decorating By Chippi Updated 28 Dec 2009 , 12:27am by laurs_1981

Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 2:47pm
post #1 of 20

Here is my family Christmas cake that I planned out for a while, only to feed the dog. It was a Christmas choo-choo-train boot. I premade lots of decorations, wheels, elves, packages, trees etc. and had them setting beside the cake ready to add the next morning. My dog Duke found them and his paws found the cake board too!!! icon_sad.gif

I do have another Christmas cake planned but not as time consuming because I don't have the time now.
LL

19 replies
cookie_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookie_fun Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 2:59pm
post #2 of 20

Oh, that's such a bummer! It looked like it was going to be an awesome cake too. I love your little elves.
Bad dog. icon_cry.gif

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 3:11pm
post #3 of 20

Pretty cake, and my dog loves MMF too. At least HE appreciates my cakes. Sounds like your dog does too.

scionmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scionmom Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 3:49pm
post #4 of 20

OH NO!! I know how that feels... Hope he doesnt get sick! My dogs love fondant, cake, cookies.. you name it! Once my boxer ate 3 5lb batches of fondant... I was so angry then I was grossed out because he threw it all back up... YUCK!

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 3:56pm
post #5 of 20

yeah, I was going to say watch out! You'll probably find spots on your floor the same color as the fondant. My dog, about 2 1/2 yrs ago made her way into my bedroom (dh left the door open). I had put the bags of fondant in there so she couldn't get it while we were gone. Well, bad husband, can't blame the dog that she knew what was good. I found red & purple blobs all over the house. and it's not fun to clean out of carpet

psmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psmith Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 3:58pm
post #6 of 20

Bummer!!! It looks like it was going to be a super cool cake too. icon_sad.gif
My dog loves EVERYTHING about cakes. I have to put her on a leash when I'm making things or she will try to steal food. I have a cat who loves buttercream...same story...cats exiled when food is around. Naughty pets! On the bright side of things, I've made some truly awful tasting creations that my dog always loves. She is a big fan. icon_biggrin.gif

DLo912 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DLo912 Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 3:59pm
post #7 of 20

Oh man! That really stinks! But your elves are adorable! I have two dogs and the one knows pretty well to stay away from mom when I'm baking but the other one lurks and the second something hits the ground, she's off like a flash and it's GONE. She especially loves licking up the powdered sugar off the floor and her snout as it invariably falls on her while I'm baking. She just looooooevs to be underfoot : ) We love them for these things and not in spite of them, I suppose! And hey, it'll make a great story to tell for years to come!

Merry Christmas!

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 4:03pm
post #8 of 20

I am so thankful my 2 mini schnauzers can't reach the countertop! They do try to keep the floor clean while I'm baking!

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 4:03pm
post #9 of 20

HAHAHAHAH!!!! I can picture the thought process of your pooch... he must have been thinking "SCORE!!!!! nom nom nom nom nom". My baby cat loves fondant and gumpaste too and my old cat could eat a big bowl of buttercream... crazy animals. I would have been rather angry walking into that site. I would have killed him... well in my mind anyway. The cake looked like it was really cute.

At least you'll have a good story to tell for years to come. Hopefully he has a sour tummy and will think twice about munching down that much cake again. ((hugs))

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 4:25pm
post #10 of 20

Are you sure it was the dog? Looks like he did an awful neat job of eating that cake, no crumbs, not one smear of frosting and he left the entire elf alone on the edge....I wonder if someone else in the house might be blaming the poor pooch.

Our friends dog (who we were dog sitting for) ate 2 of my cake dummies because of the fondant covering them (she threw it up later), a wooden ornament, a pen (ink all over the carpet), my son's slipper, blue tooth and my flower formers, I don't like that dog!

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 4:47pm
post #11 of 20

Be very careful with dogs and chocolate. Chocolate is very bad for them and can cause some serious health issues! That really is horrible about your cake. I have 3 large dogs who can easily reach the counter by standing up. When I used to do cakes in my regular kitchen, I'd always worry about them being able to reach it, so I'd put it up as high as possible. Now that I have a separate kitchen in my basement for cakes and they are never allowed in there, it's nice to not have to worry about making sure the cake is out of paws' reach.

MalibuBakinBarbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MalibuBakinBarbie Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 4:55pm
post #12 of 20

Hey! Where is the little culprit? Too funny. Your cake looks like chocolate, so I hope Duke didn't get sick. My brothers AmStaff got a hold of a take out pasta dinner I brought home. (Penne with vodka sauce and shrimp!) I went in the kitchen to find his face in my container of food, which was up on the counter. icon_surprised.gif So I yelled "Bear! What are you doing?!" He looked up at me, went for one last mouthful, then ran away. icon_razz.gif

Oh, your cake looks like it was lovely! (It was definitely yummy, for sure!) icon_biggrin.gif

QueenJessica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenJessica Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 6:47pm
post #13 of 20

I had a similar incident. My dog ate my fondant snoopy I was doing for a cake. Luckly it wasn't the whole cake, but still icon_sad.gif. I'm sorry that happened!

Kims_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kims_cakes Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 7:15pm
post #14 of 20

I'm so sorry about your cake! icon_cry.gif It looked great too. I had a similar incident happen last week. I made a cake only to have my labby eat it. I placed set mouse traps around the cake, too bad it didn't stop him!

Is there a tread about doggie cake disasters?lol That would be a great read.

pattycakes55d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakes55d Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 10:53pm
post #15 of 20

your cake really looked great! I made my daughter's wedding cake and it was her wedding day. I went out, came back and to my horror found that my dog ate parts of the second and third tier. The wedding was in two hours.

I just cried. Then picked myself up and made two more cakes all the while my daughter is calling and asking where I am. She was so mad at me because she thought I was late. At the reception, I told her what happened.

It was the talk of the evening and Diesel the dog will forever be remembered.

millermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millermom Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 11:38pm
post #16 of 20

I came home yesterday to find 2 sticks from my Christmas cookies for bouquets on my family room floor (no sign that there was ever a cookie on them! icon_biggrin.gif )
I had pushed them to the middle of the dining room table and pushed all the chairs up against it, but he got a corner of the cloth that they were drying on, and pulled it to the edge. icon_mad.gif

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 5:49pm
post #17 of 20

mine to, if i'm working on figures, she can't wait till i drop a piece, got up one morning and has some lady bugs were gone, but she has one rolled rose she snuck out of the guest room and saves/hides it, it's usually in my bed lol

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 6:29pm
post #18 of 20

I am sooo sorry your doggie did that. All that work, and your cake looks adorable. I thought I had it bad when I was making my brothers birthday cake last week. I took the baby gate down for two seconds while I transported the cake into the room I work in. Never saw my doggie near the room, but when I went to find the golf ball and tee, they were missing, and I know how much she loves to steal. Fortunately I had made several tees and worked quick to make a few golf balls for replacement. They were just a pain because the dimples did NOT want to stay in the balls. My thief did much less damage than yours did.

I also have a little tiny kitty cat who absolutely adores buttercream. I've had to redo cupcakes at different times because of her appetite for it. For some odd reason she prefers to eat the buttercream off cupcakes than on a full size cake. I guess I'm lucky there, but it is odd.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 27 Dec 2009 , 2:24pm
post #19 of 20

Bad dog! icon_sad.gif

Jen icon_smile.gif

laurs_1981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurs_1981 Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 12:27am
post #20 of 20

my dog sits on my feet while i bake.....very annoying haha....he then walks around covered in powdered sugar until the cat is finished licking him....he's too small to get up on the table, but i'm going to have a big problem once the cat is big enough to jump up there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....i'm sorry about your cake but it looks like the puppy REALLY enjoyed it icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%