Order Is Done !! :d

Baking By verono Updated 17 Dec 2009 , 9:25pm by verono

verono Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verono Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 4:08pm
post #1 of 28

And delivered.. ! 550 cookies in 50 boxes..will never EVER do it again alone! I slept 1h30min last night between 12h30 and 2am.. icon_confused.gif

At the bottom:

On top:

27 replies
totallycaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
totallycaked Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 4:17pm
post #2 of 28

Wow! those are amazing. I can't even imagine how much work they were, but they look fantastic... congratulations.. now a nap?

verono Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 4:20pm
post #3 of 28

Thanks!

No, it going to be tonight.. I have 6 cookies (what a joke !! lol) to roll and cook for a good friend for her son's teacher..lol

ksic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ksic Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 4:33pm
post #4 of 28

Your cookies and packaging are perfect. I have just begun fiddling with cookies, myself. But, as I study your pictures, I cannot fathom how you created the "tequila" text on the cookie. Could you please explain that technique -- it would be appreciated.

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 4:40pm
post #5 of 28

Oh wow , your're right ksic that is a cookie, I thought it was a sticker on the box!
Awesome job, is it an edible image?

Manotas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Manotas Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 4:43pm
post #6 of 28

They are awesome! No wonder your wrists were killing you. Hope you enjoy a great night of sleep tonight.

verono Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 4:46pm
post #7 of 28

Yes it's an edible image (done with kopykake products, love them) icon_biggrin.gif

I'm now back to reality, kids are back from grandma's house lol !

Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 4:48pm
post #8 of 28

Great job! Love your packaging. Your site is so neat - so this is a corporate order? You must keep very busy - your cookies all look wonderful. Now, do try to sneak in a short afternoon nap or soon your cookies will start speaking to you!

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 4:56pm
post #9 of 28

wow! wow! wow! great job..............now good night!! haha

Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 5:20pm
post #10 of 28

Wow! Amazing job! You are a cookie rockstar!!!!

CookieO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieO Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 6:25pm
post #11 of 28

All I can say is "Wow & Fabulous!"

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 6:52pm
post #12 of 28

Very nice!!!

verono Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 9:06pm
post #13 of 28

Thanks everyone !

Spuddysmom : yes they are corporate cookie boxes, they will sent it to clients for christmas holiday icon_smile.gif

verono Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 9:10pm
post #14 of 28

And I did 25 of those last week :
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1534462

And also 20 dozen logo cookies (240!!) each one in a white gable box with ribbon.
Now I'm off for the holiday corporate order icon_smile.gif I'm very happy since it's my first year as a business icon_smile.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 9:25pm
post #15 of 28

how much did you charge for these????????? They're stunning. Do you have a minimum that they have to order also??? Do you ever freeze them ahead of time. I had 2 doz. cookies for Sat . and 60 cookies, 300 cake truffles, 20 marshmallow snowmen, a cookie bouquet and 5 cookie Christmas cards for Sunday (not sure WHAT I was thinking taking it all on)........well, I made the birthday cookies a week ahead and froze them fully decorated and they came out perfectly! I'm definitely going to freeze cookies when I overbook myself in the future!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 9:34pm
post #16 of 28

I was actually thinking about this order this morning, wondering how it was coming. Wow, it looks very professional and well done! You definitely should be proud of this work! Excellent job! thumbs_up.gif

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 10:00pm
post #17 of 28

My hands hurt just looking at that! I don't think I would have the strength to package them up after piping all that! (I'm also a little jealous of you. They are all so perfect and beautiful...)

verono Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 11:49pm
post #18 of 28

I still don't know how I did it..!! I don't want to do anything like that soon lol
I bake on sunday (regular oven, one sheet at a time).. started decorating while baking.. And I work monday 7h30am to 1am (with a few pause) and then tuesday 6h30am to 12h30am. Slept until 2am and then did the packaging until 7h15... The boxes are individually wrapped in shrink wrap.
My sister was supposed to help me with the ribbon but I was late in the cookies so it wasn't possible.. but she cut all the ribbon and the padding! Glad it's finally over.. now I can look to see what I'm doing for christmas.. lol

verono Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 11:54pm
post #19 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

how much did you charge for these????????? They're stunning. Do you have a minimum that they have to order also??? Do you ever freeze them ahead of time. I had 2 doz. cookies for Sat . and 60 cookies, 300 cake truffles, 20 marshmallow snowmen, a cookie bouquet and 5 cookie Christmas cards for Sunday (not sure WHAT I was thinking taking it all on)........well, I made the birthday cookies a week ahead and froze them fully decorated and they came out perfectly! I'm definitely going to freeze cookies when I overbook myself in the future!

I have a minimum order of 24 cookies (regular sizes) in the same colors. I don't care about the shapes. I don't freeze cookies after they are baked. Only my cut-out unbaked shapes. I use glace so it doesn't freeze very well..
I charged 28.75/each for a 6.875x5x1.625" box. 11 cookies - 1 large cactus, 2 minis,1 sun, 6 limes (2 differents sizes) and one logo cookie.
Their budget was between 25 and 30 thumbs_up.gif
And the other corporate box (with christmas colors), was 15$/each but the logo cookie was VERY exhaustive to do.. all handcut (for the cookies and the edible image paper)

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 12:12am
post #20 of 28

wow these are great!!! no i want to try it!

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 3:20am
post #21 of 28

The cookies and packaging are absolutely gorgeous! I can imagine how you felt when you finished packing up the very last one!lol
Where do you get your tins and padding? They are very nice.

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 8:58am
post #22 of 28

They look fantastic!! Very neat and clean presentation too. Well done to you on a great job thumbs_up.gif

CakeWhizz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWhizz Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 10:10am
post #23 of 28

Wow! The cookies look stunning! To think you did all that by yourself. You are one seriously talented lady. Well done indeed.

verono Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 12:23pm
post #24 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2bake6

The cookies and packaging are absolutely gorgeous! I can imagine how you felt when you finished packing up the very last one!lol
Where do you get your tins and padding? They are very nice.

It's from 2 local supplier icon_smile.gif

verono Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 12:23pm
post #25 of 28

And thank you everybody, it makes me feel good! lol
I slept sooooooooo much last night.. my bed was soooooooooooo comfy !!! lol

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 8:52pm
post #26 of 28

WOW! Congratulations! They look great!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 9:18pm
post #27 of 28

Those are super awesome!!!!! Where did you get the cute tin boxes?

verono Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 9:25pm
post #28 of 28

Thanks!

At a local supplier in Montreal icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%