Nfl Football Players 30Th Birthday Cake

Decorating By cakeheart Updated 16 Dec 2009 , 5:05am by CakesHeaven

cakeheart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeheart Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 7:49pm
post #1 of 13

Okay I need any ideas that can help icon_smile.gif

I am doing a cake for a football players 30th birthday and here is what his wife wants incorporated into the cake

His football jersey #'s 44 and 24 (#24 and #44 with the Chicago Bears and #44 with the Miami Dolphins)
*all three numbers must be used

Our daughter's names: Ari and Ava (included somewhere on the cake)

I am not sure where to begin??
any Ideas would be great

12 replies
RebelChick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RebelChick Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 8:05pm
post #2 of 13

How about doing the jerseys with the numbers on them and have the daughter's names on them?

jones5cm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jones5cm Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 8:16pm
post #3 of 13

I like RebelChick's idea...and his jersey could be the #30...

Angelfire3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angelfire3 Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 9:03pm
post #4 of 13

I love RebelChick's idea,
to incorporate the 3 numbers, you could do as the other posters said, but do patches with the other teams logo and his number somewhere on it (maybe each sleeve). You can do the FBCT for the patch logo. HTH

cakeheart Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 9:30pm
post #5 of 13

I would do the jersey thing (thats what I wanted to do) but she wants me to use all of his football #s
I was thinking of doing #44 jersey and splitting the jersey with each team but then I still have the #24 and she said I can't leave that out because it was his first number and has sentimental value...

I dont know what to do???

badkitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
badkitty Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 9:59pm
post #6 of 13

Does the cake have to be a 'jersey' cake? The jerseys could be smaller and incorporated onto the cake. Figures with the three jersey's would be great, but they could be FBCT's, fondant, gumpaste etc. The cake could be a football field...

Love to see what you come up with, I'm sure it will be fantastic once that 'light bulb' goes off!

Angelfire3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angelfire3 Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 10:14pm
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeheart

I would do the jersey thing (thats what I wanted to do) but she wants me to use all of his football #s
I was thinking of doing #44 jersey and splitting the jersey with each team but then I still have the #24 and she said I can't leave that out because it was his first number and has sentimental value...

I dont know what to do???

Here's an idea: http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1332128

Do the jersey, with his current teams colors and logo in the center with his daughters names. If he plays w/the bears then it's a C logo so on top of the "C" put one name there, on the bottom part of the "c" put the other name. Put number 24 in the middle of the C, for example:

Ari
C 24
Ava

Then, On one sleeve put the other teams color, logo and number 44. All you would have to do is color one sleeve the other team color. Tell me what you think.

I went through a lot of trouble to do this, but look at attachment.
LL

pikle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pikle Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 10:31pm
post #8 of 13

What about doing an open box that has a football in it, the 3 jerseys, and images of the girls on polaroids. The box could be the cake, everything else fondant??? Kind of like opening a box of memories????

I dunno.. that's a lot to throw on one cake icon_biggrin.gif

badkitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
badkitty Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 10:35pm
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikle

I dunno.. that's a lot to throw on one cake icon_biggrin.gif

yeah, maybe, but it would be an awesome cake! icon_biggrin.gif

cakeheart Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 12:24am
post #10 of 13

Artese thanks for the little drawing! That helps! icon_smile.gif
Pikle that is a great Idea I didn't think of anything like that!

Well thanks for some ideas guys icon_wink.gif YOu got me going for some ideas

SHADDI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHADDI Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 4:49am
post #11 of 13

You didn't say how much it needs to feed but here are some ideas and they can be made to any size the cake needs to be and still look good:

on this first one is to give you the idea of how the jersey is made:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1152474

this one is on how the side of the cake is done were you can add each one of the jersey on each square
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1160419

here are some ideas on how you can SET UP the jerseys were you can have all 3 of them
http://www.nbaapparel.com/products/gswad259.jpg
http://c0397632.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/Four-this-King-t-shirts.jpg

as for the girls name with the jersey you can add like a football on each side and have their name on them. or better yet make some pompom with handles and have their name on those or one pompom and a blow horn and their names on it. as if his girls are his cheerleaders cheering him on.

those are my thoughts....hope that helps....good luck

shaddi

obabassa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
obabassa Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 4:55am
post #12 of 13

Football jersey - half decorated like the Bears jersey with the number on the sleeve and the other half decorated like the Dolphins with the other number on the sleeve. For the names you can put the arms coming out of the jersey with a tatoo on the arm with the girls names on it in a heart or something like that.
Just a thought. lol
If you want to get really creative you could do a carved cake of the shirt sitting upright and do like from the top of shirt to mid chest and maybe a helmet done the same way as the shirt.

CakesHeaven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesHeaven Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 5:05am
post #13 of 13

Depending on how big you have to make it.
I think a football field with the three jerseys drapped/laying on it. You could do gumpaste little girls (cheerleader type - one in each team color) with the girls names on the backs across the shoulders - placing them on the field facing a "30" gumpaste topper.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%