Omg I Just Got The New Jennifer Dontz Floral Arranging Dvd!!

Decorating By bobwonderbuns Updated 18 Jan 2010 , 7:20pm by Uniqueask

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 5:09pm
post #61 of 111

I'm sure it is great! But I have to wait until Christmas to even open it, so please no spoilers!! Just like any good movie, I want to wait to see it myself-lol!!

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 5:23pm
post #62 of 111

Hi everybody! I got to say Jen does beautiful work!.. Wishing you the best with this DVD Jen!!!
Happy Holidays!
Edna icon_smile.gif

Rusti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rusti Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 12:22am
post #63 of 111

Jen,

It does look beautiful all wrapped up, I'm just dying to get a peak. Thanks so much. Your really great with shipping.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 27 Dec 2009 , 2:26pm
post #64 of 111

Thanks Edna!

Ok, Tanya and Rusti..... what did you think? Did you like it?

Jen icon_smile.gif

tanyascakes Posted 27 Dec 2009 , 5:24pm
post #65 of 111

Hey, sorry, Jen! I like watched them 3 times on Christmas Day!!! I loved them. It was just like being with you again! Even Tony watcched them once each with me. He even made the joke about "it's like she is talking directly to you with the hot hands thing"!! He remembered that from class! He thought it was so cool with how very little changes can make the same cake look totally different. He was as excited as I was! It was so great to have them in my possession. Made me want to jump right up and start making a cake! Also made me think of more stuff to order, too! BTW I totally forgot to ask about the ratio with the tinner and the glaze for dipping-I know I went of topic! Thanks again soooooo much!!!! You are still the best!

JenniferMI Posted 27 Dec 2009 , 7:37pm
post #66 of 111

YAY!!!!!! I am SO happy you liked the DVDs Tanya!!!! That is to funny with hubby! LOL!

You mix the confectioners glaze and confectioners glaze thinner 50/50. Remember it's nasty stuff to get off tables and clothes so prep your work area.....

You know if you have any questions, I'm here to help.

Merry Christmas Tanya!

Jen icon_smile.gif

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 27 Dec 2009 , 7:58pm
post #67 of 111

bobwonderbuns.... i have all of jens dvds.. i love them all... i have taken flower arranging courses in the past.. was good to see that i learned a lot .. and was doing my gum paste flowers right.. but i always love seeing how others do what i do.. and if they do it different.. jen is a wonderful teacher.... i love dealing with her on her website too..

JenniferMI Posted 27 Dec 2009 , 8:57pm
post #68 of 111

Thanks icer!!

Jen icon_smile.gif

Rusti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rusti Posted 27 Dec 2009 , 9:26pm
post #69 of 111

I just finished watching the DVD and it's great, I love the sugar vase and can't wait to try it. I've taken a silk flower arranging class years ago and have a chance to take a fresh flower course next month. After watching this I am defintely going to take it for some "hand's on" experience.
But I know I will be watching this DVD over and over. Thank you so much this was my favorite Christmas present and I bought it for myself. icon_biggrin.gif

JenniferMI Posted 27 Dec 2009 , 9:52pm
post #70 of 111

I'm BEAMING at the keyboard Rusti!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Jen icon_smile.gif

tanyascakes Posted 27 Dec 2009 , 10:22pm
post #71 of 111

Hey, Jen, I also meant to say how much I loved the DVD cases! I thought that was such a cute way to package them. Like a little folder! I am so glad to have gotten to know you. You are so gifted and giving! My own sugar fairy-lol!!! Always there to help and encourage. I know that I can always depend on you for an answer or some advice about something. My hat goes off to you. I know that you will do so great with this DVD, too. I can't wait to find out what you are planning next!!!

JenniferMI Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 1:55am
post #72 of 111

Hi Tanya!

Sugar fairy..... LOL....I like that!!! icon_smile.gif

I'm very glad I got to know you as well. It's so nice to put a face with the name....

That's what I'm here for, is to help. When I started doing cakes MANY moons ago (36 to be exact) I had no one to help.... no CC.... no internet.... so now that I have all these years under my belt, I like giving back. Don't ever hesitate to ask a question....

I'm pleased you like my DVD packaging. The production company wanted to do something different and I loved what they came up with!

Next I hope to start a sugar flower series icon_smile.gif

(((hugs)))

Jen icon_smile.gif
aka: sugar fairy icon_smile.gif

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 11:06pm
post #73 of 111

A sugar flower series, that's exactly what I was thinking, Great I cannot wait.
I also love the dvd I just wathed it about 2 hours ago, Great looking kitchen, and those cakes were great also, I will be emailing you with some Questions.

party.gifHAPPY NEW YEAR

JenniferMI Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 12:02am
post #74 of 111

I'm thrilled you loved the DVD Allison!!!!! Ask away girl, I'm here to answer any questions you might have.

I am lov'in my new kitchen! It is so spacious to do the DVD filming..... The counter is just perfect for that.....

My belly is full from a very good New Year's Eve dinner, now I have to get back down to the cake dungeon (I say that with love) and get my final two layers covered in fondant for the two weddings this weekend.

ahhhhh..... life is good.

Jen icon_smile.gif

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 4:07pm
post #75 of 111

Jen, just finished watching your new DVD and I LOVE IT! Like others, I too love the sugar vase and am anxious to make one soon, but, there is nothing in the dvd that I don't love and will cherish as I begin my newest adventure in Fabulous Floral Arranging on cakes! icon_biggrin.gif Working with more sugar flowers and learning to properly arrange them is my 2010 caking goal!
Your tribute to Marge Fortier was without doubt the most touching and special part of the dvd. I too believe she is watching down on you and approving of your floral work! thumbs_up.gif
Thanks much for a great DVD!!! icon_biggrin.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 4:12pm
post #76 of 111

See, do I give good recommendations or what?? icon_lol.gif

Teekakes Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 4:18pm
post #77 of 111

BWB.....excellent recommendation!! icon_lol.gif

Between Edna, Jen, and Sharon, what more do we need! These three gals really DO take the cake!! icon_biggrin.gif

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 4:51pm
post #78 of 111

Bravo BWB for bringing this to our attention.

I did a sugar vase and base last night. Super easy I'm still trying to decide how to decorate it.

Please everyone, post pics of their creations.

Like Teecakes, my 2010 goal is to improve my gp flowers and their presentation.

We can have our own little support group. thumbs_up.gif

JenniferMI Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 5:04pm
post #79 of 111

Lea -

You made my day girl!!!!!! Thanks for letting me know how much you enjoyed the DVD! I was very lucky to start out in the flower shops....learning this wonderful skill which really goes so well with cake decorating.

I have to believe my friend is watching down on me and grinning from ear to ear.... I just get so sad when I think that I can't show her the lifelike sugar flowers. She would just think those were the best thing since sliced bread!! I just had started making some very simplistic/rough looking gumpaste flowers when she passed away.....

Thank you again, you are so kind to post this.

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

JenniferMI Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 5:07pm
post #80 of 111

Sounds like you had fun with the vase nannie! Yes, please do post your creations.....

BWB - Well, what can we say, you are just a sweetheart!!! (((hugs)))

Jen icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif Dang, I may not get this smile off my face all day!

Teekakes Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 8:13pm
post #81 of 111

Geeez Nannie, your fast girl! I am going to search for the perfect cup sometime this afternoon/evening and try to get one made soon. I have to run to the cake store and get the base mold too. Be sure and post a picture of yours here when you get it finished! thumbs_up.gif

Jen, yes you certainly were fortunate to have worked in a floral shop pre-cake days! I am sure your friend does smile at all of your work, even though you can't see her. icon_smile.gif

JenniferMI Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 10:07pm
post #82 of 111

Thanks Lea.....

Jen

nannie Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 12:58am
post #83 of 111

ok, I guess I'll go first icon_lol.gif

I like the shape of the larger vase better but as I put it in the oven, my puppy (the one in my avatar) just HAD to go out. So it hardened too much and I can't carve out the middle.
LL
LL

JenniferMI Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 1:33am
post #84 of 111

Those look GREAT Nannie! Yes, you do have to be careful not to bake them to much. You also can let them sit overnight (upside down of course) and you should be able to carve out the inside in the morning.

Thanks for posting your pics!

Jen icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 1:56am
post #85 of 111

Oh Nannie, that's REALLY pretty!!! Make me one!! icon_lol.gif

Teekakes Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 2:28am
post #86 of 111

Wow, Nannie! Your vases look great and you have certainly set the bar high for the rest of us! Awesome job on both of them!!! thumbs_up.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 1:47pm
post #87 of 111

How did you get the fondant and gumpaste to stick to it? Did you use royal icing?

JenniferMI Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 1:59pm
post #88 of 111

BWB - You can use buttercream, royal or piping gel to get things to stick the vases.....

Jen icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 2:31pm
post #89 of 111

Ah!! Good to know!! Thanks Jen! icon_biggrin.gif

nannie Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 4:01pm
post #90 of 111

I used royal icing but I'm glad to hear piping gel works too. I rarely use royal so that is much more convenient.

Thanks everyone for your compliments.

Now I'm trying to create a floral arrangement for them.

This may take a while. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%