New Bf For Christmas - What To Get Him?

Lounge By auntmamie Updated 16 Dec 2009 , 4:26pm by browniebatterer

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 12:09am
post #1 of 15

I've been seeing this guy for about two months now, talking a few times a week, with 4 (official) dates and alot of walks at lunch. Some of you will like this - this morning, our "date" was church, followed by a walk! Plus, he is a perfect gentlemen. thumbs_up.gif

So, I'm trying to figure out which of the following presents to get him for Christmas, on a $25 budget.

1) The new Stephen King book "Under the Dome" On sale for $21 at Borders. He was eyeing it.

2) A blown glass christmas ornament. Story - we were out at this fancy artist store, and they had these ornaments. He mentioned that he was thinking of getting one each year for himself, until he had a tree full. But, I'm thinking that this might be a great gift, or too much too soon. Not sure how he would read that.

3) A sweater. Jay looks amazing in sweaters. But then again, a sweater for Christmas? done too much or still ok?

There is another gift - for my really good friends with dogs, I'm giving homemade dog bones. But that's really for his dogs, not for him. Not sure I want to give him just dog bones. Might send the wrong signal. icon_surprised.gif

14 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 12:30am
post #2 of 15

I vote:

now -- book and a bone for the dog

after "the ring" if it gets that far -- ornament (start of family tradition)

after the wedding -- the sweater --- for the man of the house (do not accept any advice from Mrs. Weasley)

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 12:39am
post #3 of 15

I would personally go with the book or the sweater (love clothes).

That is so sweet of you though. I've never recieved any Christmas presents from my ex-girlfiends, only my amazing fiance--he means a lot lot lot to me.

auntmamie Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 1:30am
post #4 of 15

Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

For those of you who remember back to May, I was the one that was taken to the hospital by ambulance, in screaming pain, and my BF (now XBF) refused to come be with me - he was "too tired". Thanks to all the support on here, I dumped him that night! And never looked back! And I'm so glad, because I've now found this great guy with great values, who is 100% caring and sweet. Santa really did bring me my Christmas present early this year! icon_biggrin.gif

Any other opinions on the present choices? Or other gifts instead?

And Doug, I hate to ask this, but who is Mrs. Weasley?

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 2:12am
post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntmamie

And Doug, I hate to ask this, but who is Mrs. Weasley?

Mrs. Weasley -- as in Ron's mom, from the Harry Potter series.

One of the running jokes in the series is the Christmas sweaters and mufflers and things she knits for her family and Harry -- all of them DREADFUL!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 4:11am
post #6 of 15

But Ron seems to get the worse of the worse, doesn't he?

CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 5:35am
post #7 of 15

oh yes i def remember that jerk! ugh. SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

I say the book or the ornament. Since you go to church together...that's already on a different level, so I think he would like the ornament and not think it's "too much".

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 3:32am
post #8 of 15

When I read your title I instantly thought BOOK! Then I saw your choices....I agree with Doug 100% . A book isn't too personal....but shows you cared enough to get him something.

Aliwis000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aliwis000 Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 4:48pm
post #9 of 15

This might be a taboo thought but does he drink? I do not but my boyfriend does, sometimes I give him more costly beer as gift or a bottle of something he would not buy for himself. He likes it and I have done this with other friends (boys and girls) by buying some bottle of something trendy and new. Also think about the things he always does..My BF always likes to know the weather lol. So I got him a digital wireless temp gauge so he does not have to go online every morning. It does not have to be a super amazing thing, it could be something he would use everyday. Just a thought!

Good luck!
Alicia

ShelleyMJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShelleyMJ Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 6:08pm
post #10 of 15

It sounds like you have a winner! Good for you. I say that is a wonderful Christmas gift all by itself.

I vote for the book.

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 9:18pm
post #11 of 15

Corvette.

Mike

auntmamie Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 11:07pm
post #12 of 15

A book it is! I actually just got it at Walmart - for less than the sale price at Borders.

Mike - I'm an accountant. My cash flow and schedule of retained earnings does not allow for a Corvette. LOL. Or does a Matchbox car count?

Now to find some mistletoe... icon_lol.gif

misserica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misserica Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 11:47pm
post #13 of 15

Auntmamie I remember your original story but do not remember if I responded or not. I am so happy to hear you met someone caring and kind! Hope you have a wonderful holiday season, and everyone else too!!

(BTW-good call on the book, I am an avid reader, my Xmas list is cake items and books)

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 5:58am
post #14 of 15

Agree 100% that the book was an excellent choice. It's meant to be a good one, and very thought-provoking - maybe you should read it too and have some nice new-year's discussions around the fire?!

Good call on:
1. Dumping the jerk (I remember your story), and
2. Not getting him the 'Weasley Jumper'
icon_biggrin.gif

browniebatterer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
browniebatterer Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 4:26pm
post #15 of 15

I like the book idea! Thoughtful, not too personal (like clothing) and also not too expensive. Perfect for this level of the relationship.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%