Butter Cream Transfer Pattern

Decorating By jmartin064 Updated 14 Dec 2009 , 2:35pm by CHoxie

jmartin064 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmartin064 Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 10:47pm
post #1 of 7

How do I keep the lines from showing in the transfer, I think it looks unprofessional...Please help! I use the recipe posted here on Cake Central.

6 replies
sherrycanary62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherrycanary62 Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 12:32am
post #2 of 7

what do you mean by lines? can you be more specific?

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 12:44am
post #3 of 7

do you mean the outlines? like when you outline the picture in black? Cuz if thanks what you mean..... just dont do it lol?

But yes please explain more

KTB4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KTB4 Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 3:23am
post #4 of 7

I'm going to assume you mean the lines you get within the transfer when the BC doesn't completely meld together. I get those too and they really pi$$ me off icon_biggrin.gif I find that I have to use a fairly thin BC to fill in with in order to avoid them. When I don't thin my icing enough I still get them.

HTH

jmartin064 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmartin064 Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 5:06am
post #5 of 7

Yes KTB4 I am speaking of the lines you get when it does not meld together. I do not like these lines it seems annoying to me. I will try thinning out a little bit more but the instructions states med consistency.

KTB4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KTB4 Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 2:10pm
post #6 of 7

Yeah I know the instructions say medium and that's what I tried when I started. However through trial and error I discovered that thinner works best for me.

Have fun, I love doing these icon_smile.gif

CHoxie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CHoxie Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 2:35pm
post #7 of 7

I warm my BC when using the FBCT method. I use a thick BC for my outlines, then basically flood the insides with a warm BC.

I very seldom get the lines.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%