Need Idea's For A Bday Of 3 People

Decorating By liha21 Updated 31 Dec 2009 , 9:05pm by JaimeMuffin

liha21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liha21 Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 1:38pm
post #1 of 8

I am trying to come up with a really cool cake for the family bdays in January. My 19 year old niece, my 8 year old nephew, and my 7 year old daughter. I was thinking maybe a 3 tier cake with themes that would kind of go together, but haven't came up with any yet.
Any great idea's out there?

7 replies
Florimbio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Florimbio Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 8:08pm
post #2 of 8

What about doing some edibel images of each person through out the years..then you can tie it together with color scheme...red white black, ect...

Florimbio Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 8:13pm
post #3 of 8

something like this???
LL

Florimbio Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 8:15pm
post #4 of 8

or this....
LL

obabassa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
obabassa Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 8:18pm
post #5 of 8

I vote for 3 small cakes, one for each. Make each one feel special and do the same amount of work ( actually less - no stacking).

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 8:27pm
post #6 of 8

The cascading tier stands would be cool....make each cake a theme to fit the personality of each person but then tie the colors together so they sort of match as well.... Actually the two girls cakes could be similar, and be on the tallest tier and the lowest tier...then make the boy's cake contrasting but not clashing, in the center stand.

As a "for instance" maybe you could do pink/green/yellow fondant and polka dots and bows on the bottom one for the 8 year old....then a blue/green/white stripes with loop bow and stars for the boy, and then go back to a pink/white/green (not exact colors) theme for the top with a little larger bow and some swirly things sticking up, and names on each tier.

liha21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liha21 Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 12:30am
post #7 of 8

thanks for the idea's guys. I love the picture idea except I don't have an edible image printer and can't find any where that will print pics for me. icon_sad.gif
I'm thinking of doing a snowman cake. I haven't yet done one and this would be a great opportunity to do one, and who doesn't love a good snowman? lol.

JaimeMuffin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeMuffin Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 9:05pm
post #8 of 8

i had to make a bday cake for 3 people, and i decided to make a porcupine cake. I used a basic round cake for the body and a cupcake turned sideways for the head. I then used all the candles as the quills, it turned out pretty cute!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%