Quick Replys Needed....making Decision Tonight About Gps

Lounge By kakeladi Updated 14 Dec 2009 , 8:58pm by kakeladi

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 12:18am
post #1 of 9

Anyone have a Magellian? I'm thinking of buying one in the early a.m.
Walmart has one advertised for $99. I't a 4.5" hand held.
Good buy?? Good choice? Is tom-tom better?

8 replies
ShelleyMJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShelleyMJ Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 12:39am
post #2 of 9

We have a garmin Nuvi. We purchased it about 6 months ago. It is wonderful. I don't know antything about Magellian. My Dad has a TomTom and isn't real impressed with it.

Good luck!

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 12:57am
post #3 of 9

my sister has a magellian and likes it. We have a garmin and it works for us we've had ours since last Christmas and it seems to be pretty accurate.
We have the bigger screen and i think that makes it much easier to use.

I do have gps on my phone and i like the garmin better, but i always have the phone with me. So tend to use that more.

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 1:07am
post #4 of 9

We (3 of us) have tomtoms and are all on our second model (upgrades) and we all love them, haven't tried the others though.

kaseynh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaseynh Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 1:18am
post #5 of 9

We have had a Magellian for 2 1/2 years now and have had one firmware upgrade on it. My daughter also has a Magellian, it is her second as the first one was stolen from her vehicle.

To date we have been happy with it but have nothing to compare it to. My friend has borrowed it a couple of times and she likes it as well.

For $99 you really can't go wrong. Good luck!

kakeladi Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 1:25am
post #6 of 9

Thanks all for your quick replies. I appreciate the input. Keep the info comingicon_smile.gif

SuzyNoQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuzyNoQ Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 4:13pm
post #7 of 9

Fil has a Garmin and we have used it a few times, his says what speed he is going and most of the time speed limit in that area, as well, it shows how heavy traffic is and you can get lists of resturants, gas stations, and hotels. he has never had any issues with it that I know of, like he did with the first one he had (it was something covered under they warrenty so he traded for the one he has now) I would would stick to a Garmin if dh and I get one.
$99 sounds like a great price but I would stick to an electronics store, they have better warrenty policies.

Kayakado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kayakado Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 8:29pm
post #8 of 9

I taught gps to some local Sierra club memebrs for hiking and boating and I found the Garmin much easier to use.

I'd suggest going on line and reading the instruction manuals for the models you are reviewing.

kakeladi Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 8:58pm
post #9 of 9

Thank you ALL for the help.
The place that advertised the Malglin didn't have any icon_sad.gif
2 days later I found a Garmin for the same price and got it.
Haven't played w/it yet but will soon.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%