A Little Tip I Found That Boosts Return Customers :)

Decorating By three_sets_of_twins Updated 12 Dec 2009 , 11:48pm by JenniferMI

three_sets_of_twins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
three_sets_of_twins Posted 12 Dec 2009 , 3:30am
post #1 of 7

Hello CC ladies, I hope everyone is well!

I just thought I'd share a little thing I do that I found ever since I started doing it increased my number if return clients. Nothing necessary just something I consider going the extra mile!

Whenever some major kid clothing stores have a sale, and I'm talkin about those huge 70-80% sales, I stock up on cute little baby booties (They become marked down to like a DOLLAR). I pick up a few girl and boy ones and keep them in my supply room.

Then whenever Iget a baby shower order, I take one of the booties and put them in those cute little gift bags ( from the 99 cent store) and give it to the mommy as a gift from me to the baby. icon_smile.gif

The mommy is usually very touched that someone thought to get her little baby a gift, and I find I always get more orders from them and even lots of referrals too! Costs me hardly nothing and I can even factor it into my cake ball price if I like.

I also do the same with some of my brides (the non pita ones) by buying some bath salts or something for them that have also been marked down to an extremely low price. It's the thought that counts, and again they are very touched by it and always re order and refer!

Just thought I'd share!

6 replies
UpAt2am Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UpAt2am Posted 12 Dec 2009 , 3:49am
post #2 of 7

cute idea! i've always written thank you notes to all of my orders, which i'm terribly behind on right now....anyways, i started including a picture of the cake with the card. there are websites out there where you can type up the card, download a pic of the cake onto it and they'll stamp and send it for you! i thought it would be a cute momento from the day...possibly put it in a scrapbook etc. mom's eat that stuff up icon_smile.gif

three_sets_of_twins Posted 12 Dec 2009 , 4:06am
post #3 of 7

Aww thats a great idea too! I'm gonna look for one of those websites, thanks for sharing!

amberkw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberkw Posted 12 Dec 2009 , 4:26am
post #4 of 7

Great idea! Thanks for sharing. I have a notebook full of ideas when I get a serious business going. I will make a note of this.

three_sets_of_twins Posted 12 Dec 2009 , 7:26am
post #5 of 7

Cool!
Another thing I sometimes do is since a lot of what i make can be refridgerated, is save leftover cake pops n stuff. When I know customer is coming to pick up an order ( customer who I just happen to know will be bringing her small kid with her) I wrap up the cake pop with a cute little bow and polly bag and give to especially to the child. I know I love it when a waiter or the guy at the mini mart gives my kid something free, so I figured I'm sure other moms would too!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 12 Dec 2009 , 1:45pm
post #6 of 7

Those are great idea's! Thanks for sharing!

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 12 Dec 2009 , 11:48pm
post #7 of 7

Great idea!

Jen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%