Help!! Need Help Fast With Torn Fondant!

Decorating By ilztar Updated 11 Dec 2009 , 11:42pm by Ladybug09

ilztar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ilztar Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 12:21am
post #1 of 4

I am working on a 3 tiered wedding cake in fondant. I have the 2 smaller tiers covered and am having troubles with the larger cake. As i was putting the fondant onto the cake it tore on the side. Please tell me if I am doing this wrong.

To fix a tear, you pinch the ends together and use the flat tool to smooth it out. Well, it's not working. Can anyone please tell me the correct way to fix it. This is my 3rd attempt at covering this d*** cake. Sorry very frustrated.

3 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 12:24am
post #2 of 4

You may need to pull the fondant off and do it again, depending on the tear. If you are having lots of trouble picking up the fondant, roll it on a big piece of vinyl, pick it up on the vinyl and just flip the whole thing over onto the cake.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 12:32am
post #3 of 4

I would try it again, pull it off. You can knead it up even if it has a little icing on it.

Best wishes....

Jen icon_smile.gif

Ladybug09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladybug09 Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 11:42pm
post #4 of 4

I've been there many many times. Some of my tears have not been fixable so the the best solution was to take it off, knead it & try again. Sounds like you might need to do that too. Sorry! Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%