Viruses And Svg Files??

Lounge By MrsNancyB1 Updated 10 Dec 2009 , 11:56pm by Texas_Rose

MrsNancyB1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsNancyB1 Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 11:29pm
post #1 of 4

I'm not sure if this is even the right forum for this question, but I am still debating between buying SCAL and the Cricut cartridges for use with my Cricut (to eventually use with gumpaste). I have been looking at the plethora of free SVG files out there, but I'm concerned about the possibility of viruses, since I'll be downloading files I find on the internet.

I'm wondering if the threat of viruses is significant enough, that it's better to buy the cartridges instead.

Does anyone have any insight into this?
TIA!

3 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 11:33pm
post #2 of 4

I'm moving this to the lounge, since viruse don't have any direct connection with cake decorating, etc. icon_smile.gif

MrsNancyB1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsNancyB1 Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 11:39pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks Jan!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 11:56pm
post #4 of 4

I think the risk would be really minimal as long as you have anti-virus software. I'm using Avira and Malwarebytes and we download a lot of stuff. You're more likely to get viruses from archived files and that's the majority of what we download, but between the two anti-virus programs, if we download something with a virus, the programs always catch it. It doesn't happen as often as you might think either.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%