My Top Three Vents!! **sighs**

Decorating By aundron Updated 10 Dec 2009 , 9:49pm by aundron

aundron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundron Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 6:56pm
post #1 of 8

Okay, I love doing cakes (most of the time); but right now, I am feeling super burnt out!! icon_cry.gif Now, to make matters worse, I get an email that makes me want to cry and curl up in a fetal position!! LOL!! After reading this, just wanted to vent and list my top 3 pet peeves with orders. Not trying to bash, just venting!!

1. Please, for real, please; if your budget is 100.00, please do not expect to get a Camaro cake (ala Mike McCarey) that feeds 100 people!! (this is my biggest peeve)

2. If you are wanting a cake for your wedding; please, don't tell me to call you or your wedding planner. This is your cake, call me and we can work it out, but, I can't chase YOU down for YOUR wedding cake.

3. When you email me; please, don't that you're not picky, any cake is fine and when I send you a design (or 10); its not fine.

These are just a couple of pet peeves and funnies that I had to get off my chest!! Feel free to list yours!! icon_smile.gif

7 replies
RebelChick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RebelChick Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 7:16pm
post #2 of 8

Mine are pretty much the same as yours. Oh, but I can add that "Meh, whatever." and not saying thank you or kiss my ... when you pick up the cake really irks me. Just had that happen with MIL over Thanksgiving. Hey, I did you a favor and only charged you $20 for a 1/2 sheet, filled and with tons of fall flowers on it (it was beautiful!). Next time she asks, it'll be I'm sorry, I don't have time to do your cake or I'll just use a cake mix and throw some store bought frosting on it. Can't you tell we don't get along???? LOL

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 7:17pm
post #3 of 8

Your vent is certainly valid. I love the Camaro cake for a $100. Aren't cake civilians precious?

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 8:28pm
post #4 of 8

How about mine for the day:

Please don't tell me you can't afford a $35 cake (and that you'll just get her one at Sam's) because you already spent $600 on 4-year-old girlie's party.

icon_confused.gif

aundron Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 8:39pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammjenks

How about mine for the day:

Please don't tell me you can't afford a $35 cake (and that you'll just get her one at Sam's) because you already spent $600 on 4-year-old girlie's party.

icon_confused.gif

WOW!!! icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 9:20pm
post #6 of 8

people who can't comprehend that in this 24/7 world, the words "we're closed" actually means something!

Shower cake. I said, "What time on Saturday do you want to pick it up?"

They said, "Oh the shower isn't until Sunday."

I said, "I'm not open on Sunday. What time on Saturday do you want to pick it up?"

They talk among themselves about if the cake will still be "good" on Sunday.

I said, "It sits on my counter or it sits on your counter, it makes no difference to the cake. What time on Saturday do you want to pick it up?"

juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleebug Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 9:31pm
post #7 of 8

I had someone last weekend tell me that they only needed a small cake (9x13) because "I already spent so much money on decorations and we just throw away most of the cake. Now, the cake will be shaped like a Monster Jam truck, right? "

Things I had to bite my tongue to keep from saying:
#1 - And what do you plan to do with the decorations, freeze them for later?
#2 - Of course, you threw away alot of cake last time - you ordered a full sheet for 30 people!

Things I did say:
"A 9x13 carved into a Monster Jam truck for what I'm charging you... I don't think so."

aundron Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 9:49pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

people who can't comprehend that in this 24/7 world, the words "we're closed" actually means something!

Shower cake. I said, "What time on Saturday do you want to pick it up?"

They said, "Oh the shower isn't until Sunday."

I said, "I'm not open on Sunday. What time on Saturday do you want to pick it up?"

They talk among themselves about if the cake will still be "good" on Sunday.

I said, "It sits on my counter or it sits on your counter, it makes no difference to the cake. What time on Saturday do you want to pick it up?"

Indy, I need you to respond to my emails!! LOL!! I love your responses!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%