What Brand Of Cake Pans Do You Like The Best?

Decorating By KateLS Updated 10 Dec 2009 , 9:34pm by LaBellaFlor

KateLS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KateLS Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 5:51pm
post #1 of 11

I tried to search if this had been posted but did not find one. Sorry if there is one somewhere.
But wondering what brand of pans you prefer to use. I purchased a pan at KMart a bit back, on sale, and it is thick and sturdy. A couple a weeks ago, I borrowed my neighbor's Wilton 10", and it seems thin and not as sturdy. I know there are a lot of brands out there, and I'd like to get good quality ones. So I thought I'd ask the experts! =)

Thanks!

10 replies
jodibug0975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jodibug0975 Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 6:00pm
post #2 of 11

All I have so far is Wilton. I haven't bought square's yet because I want Magic Line squares.

Off topic....

So for Christmas I asked for Magic Line square pans. Specifically said "not Wilton" on the slip of paper that we put in the name draw basket.

My mom got my name. The next Saturday she called me and said "ok, why not Wilton?" So I explained that the Wilton pans have fluted sides and rounded corners, and Magic Lines are perfect squares, which dozens of decorators on CC say are easier to decorate. She said "ok".

So the next day I stop by her house and she shows me what she got me.... she went to JC Penney and bought some "cooks" brand square pans.... which have fluted sides and rounded corners. She doesn't listen to a thing I tell her!

Apparently "not Wilton" means that any brand other than Wilton is fine, even though I specifically asked for Magic Line. Grrr. So I guess the day after Christmas I will have to return them to Penney's so I can order my Magic Line pans. I just don't know why she bothered asking if she wasn't going to listen anyway.
[/rant]

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 6:00pm
post #3 of 11

Magic Line is the best. You won't ever regret puchasing these pans.

jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 6:10pm
post #4 of 11

magic line all the way. what a difference.

dynee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dynee Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 6:19pm
post #5 of 11

I like Lloyds Inc. http://www.lloydpans.com/C-1000053/Bakeware. They pro quality and are a little cheaper than ML, but don't like the shipping. Majic Line is the same quality and cost just a little more. Amazon.com has Majic Line and they qualify for free shipping if you order $25.00 I got a 7" round for $8.50 and an 8" square for $15.50, bought a whisk and there I was!!FREE SHIPPING!!

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 6:28pm
post #6 of 11

Magic Line. They are almost worth sleeping with. They are that good.

thallo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thallo Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 6:31pm
post #7 of 11

I have Magic Line, Fat Daddio's, and Wilton Decorator Preferred. I like them all. All are heavy duty, straight sides, and come in 2" or 3" deep pans. Some of the brands will offer more sizes than others.

As far as what I believe you are referring to in the Wilton pans, the ones you are talking about are the ones generally offered in craft stores. The others you have to go to a cake supply shop, or order online.

The main thing is to buy top quality in any brand and you will always be satisfied.

dstbni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dstbni Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 6:51pm
post #8 of 11

I just used 2 square pans from Lloyd and 1 from Magic Line. Couldn't tell the difference. They were all awesome!

KateLS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KateLS Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 8:53pm
post #9 of 11

This helps SO much! Thanks all! =)

Jodibug0975, that stinks! I hope, in the end, you get the pans you want!

Jamie, you made me laugh out loud! My 6 yr old asked what I was laughing at.... =) I just said I read something funny. She didn't inquire further. Phew! =)

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 9:24pm
post #10 of 11

Ha! icon_biggrin.gif

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 9:34pm
post #11 of 11

Magic line for me as well.

Stay watching the forums and Jamie will just about having you pi@@ing on yourself! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%