Latest Scam

Lounge By -K8memphis Updated 10 Dec 2009 , 6:07pm by costumeczar

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 4:18pm
post #1 of 7

my caps key is broken

so my sister just emailed me that what some clerks are doing now --is somehow saying yes, to the question do you want cash back.

then actually giving the cash to their friend who checks out in their line afterwards so nothing untoward is even recorded on the cameras

heads up, watch your receipts carefully

merry christmas

6 replies
VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 4:23pm
post #2 of 7

how ridiculous, thanks for the heads up, and sorry about your caps key! icon_biggrin.gif

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 4:38pm
post #3 of 7

Oh wow. Thanks for the heads up!

sadsmile Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 4:39pm
post #4 of 7

LOL @ you cap key being broken!!! Now you are going to be all shifty.

sadsmile Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 5:18pm
post #5 of 7

Oh come on Kate... don't you get it? Shifty...

as in the shift key.

Bad a bump! ChinnnnG!

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 5:50pm
post #6 of 7

Just wanted to let you know that this was covered by snopes, and was said to be false:

http://www.snopes.com/fraud/atm/cashback.asp

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 6:07pm
post #7 of 7

This might not be true, but don't ever let a cashier take your card themselves to scan it twice if it "doesn't work" the first time. Keep it in your hand, or make them re-ring the entire thing, no matter how much of a pain in the butt it is. I had someone steal my credit card number with a skimmer when they re-ran the card, and I didn't know it had been taken until I got the statement. I had the card the entire time, but they had the number, and spent a lot of money using it.

It's a much bigger pain in the butt to have to cancel credit cards than it is to hold up a checkout line while they re-ring a transaction, even if you have a whole load of groceries. Make sure they void out the first transaction, too, so you don't get charged twice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%