Cake Cutters??

Decorating By masturbaker Updated 9 Dec 2009 , 9:26pm by leah_s

masturbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
masturbaker Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 7:56am
post #1 of 4

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie to the forums here although I've been reading them for months, I'm just now a member!

Anyway, This might be a stupid question..(my grandmother would say "there are no stupid questions, only stupid people" LOL) but I was wondering if there was such a thing as a "cake cutter", not a leveler, but a cutter, like a cookie cutter, but for cake. Like if i were to bake a 10 inch round ... is there a 9 inch round "cutter" like a cookie cutter that I could press down into my unfrosted cake that would give me perfectly straight and round layers? that way I wouldn't have to carve and trim my cake if it were to come out uneven..

does that make sense? and if there is a product like this please let me know! Thanks

3 replies
psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 12:41pm
post #2 of 4

they do make large round cutters for cakes but I wouldnt do what you are thinking as long as I understand you right. Try buying some 90 degree angle pans they are better than wilton. you can get them from global sugar art I think.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 9:02pm
post #3 of 4

Welcome to CC masturbaker.

I'm glad you came here.

Yes, they are called cake rings. Check out if you want an general idea of what it looks like.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 9:26pm
post #4 of 4

but icing the outside of cut cake is a b___h. Crumb - a - paloosa.

Quote by @%username% on %date%