Chocolate Mousse

Decorating By ohayr639 Updated 10 Dec 2009 , 1:23am by ohayr639

ohayr639 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ohayr639 Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 9:39pm
post #1 of 9

So I have only made it once and messed it up. . . I am going to try again with melted chocolate and see if that works better, but I was wondering if it would "last" (like still taste good) if I fill the cake (the Wilton one with a heart in the middle) tonight for a cake that is due on Thursday. . . What do you all think?

8 replies
mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 11:25pm
post #2 of 9

The mousse will be fine if it's in the fridge.

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 11:41pm
post #3 of 9

what recipe did u originally use? Cose I have made a chocolate mousse filling once that tasted awesome and really chocolatey, it does need refridgeration thought cose it's a real one that has cream in it......Let me knw if you want it and i'll go look for it icon_smile.gif

ohayr639 Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 1:24am
post #4 of 9

The first one I did was http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7594/great-chocolate-mousse

Today I will be trying http://cakecentral.com/recipes/5443/chocolate-mousse

Thanks so much for the help!!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 1:43am
post #5 of 9

Easy chocolate mousse...make some ganache and let it sit to room temp (but not solid)....then make some sweetened fresh whipped cream....fold the ganache into the whipped cream.....voila! Chocolate mousse. Refrigerates nice and firm, great filling.

ohayr639 Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 7:00pm
post #6 of 9

I am not super skilled at things and have NO idea about how to go about making ganache.. . .

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 8:40pm
post #7 of 9

Mmmm...I love chocolate mousse! It's the best!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 9:00pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohayr639

I am not super skilled at things and have NO idea about how to go about making ganache.. . .

Its just semi sweet or dark chocolate with boiling cream poured over it...let sit about 10 minutes...then whisk smooth. There are amounts listed somewhere on here....its really easy.

ohayr639 Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 1:23am
post #9 of 9

Thanks!! I am very excited to try it sometime!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%