Get To Share My Passion....so Excited

Decorating By tracycakes Updated 10 Dec 2009 , 11:46pm by just_for_fun

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 5:56pm
post #1 of 14

My brother just retired from the Air Force and they are moving back here. They've lived quite far away the last 8 years so we haven't gotten to see each other alot during that time. My 15 year old niece loves the cakes I've posted on my facebook and wondered if I might make one for her. icon_rolleyes.gif Hmmm....ABSOLUTELY!!! thumbs_up.gif

But, what excites me even more is that she would like to know how to do some of it! icon_biggrin.gif I'm really looking forward to spending some quality time baking and decorating with her. She is quite artsy and creative so we should have a blast!

13 replies
MrsNancyB1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsNancyB1 Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 6:03pm
post #2 of 14

That's great! It's nice to be able to take someone young and impressionable under your wing like that, and hope that they could develope the same passion for cakes that you do.

I often fantasize about my own daughter eventually having an interest in cakes, and me wanting to teach her everything I know. icon_razz.gif

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 6:37pm
post #3 of 14

It's also a great way to develop a relationship with her, a shared passion. It will be gread when she gets to that stage when sho won't talk to her parents (everyone has that for some period of time), at least she will have you.

crazyteach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazyteach Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 6:56pm
post #4 of 14

I am traveling over Christmas and my niece likes to watch all the shows-- Ace of Cakes, Cake Boss, etc..., and I am bringing her the Wilton Cake Decorating kit for step one! I am so excited to make a cake with her tooo-- so I am understanding your excitement!

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 7:05pm
post #5 of 14

I am so excited for you, I wish my grandaughters lived close to me. Have a blast, what a wonderful Christmas you will have, and to have your brother around also.

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 8:57pm
post #6 of 14

How cool! I'm excited for you! I love teaching and sharing what I know with kids, even more rewarding when it's in the family!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 10:39pm
post #7 of 14

Oh, it sound like you are going to have a great time sharing your sweet passion icon_smile.gif

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 10:55pm
post #8 of 14

That is awesome...have fun!

Jen icon_smile.gif

alene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alene Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 11:06pm
post #9 of 14

I understand your excitement. When my dauther come to visit, she helped me make a cake. She was really good at it. She would love to move closer and help do cakes but doesn't look like that is going to happen.

suz3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suz3 Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 12:42am
post #10 of 14

My granddaughter wanted to help me make her birthday cake. It was so much fun.

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 5:41pm
post #11 of 14

That's great!! My 12 year old niece is also very interested in making cakes.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 1:10pm
post #12 of 14

Aww...it will be a lot of fun for you to teach her how to decorate cakes! Yeah! And it's nice that your brother's family will be near you!

Love2BakeCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Love2BakeCakes Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 1:31pm
post #13 of 14

Blessings

I have the pleasure of sharing my passion with my 8 year old daughter. She wants me to teach her everything I know about cake decorating. I am new to the game myself. I know this journey is going to be fun!

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 11:46pm
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2BakeCakes

Blessings

I have the pleasure of sharing my passion with my 8 year old daughter. She wants me to teach her everything I know about cake decorating. I am new to the game myself. I know this journey is going to be fun!

My kids love learning tricks from me, though I don't know much. They keep reminding me that when they get older, they will know more than I do because they started earlier. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%