Getting A Website And Starting A Facebook Group??????

Lounge By kanwal Updated 13 Dec 2009 , 6:14pm by Lisaa1996

kanwal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kanwal Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 5:01pm
post #1 of 5

Hi,
I was wondering how to go about getting a website address. My brother-in-law made up a website for me a few years ago but I really wasn't into making cakes seriously back then. I think he let it expire???. So does anyone know how I would check if someone else has taken it and/or how would I go about getting the address again. My brother-in-law and I aren't on the best of terms lately. Also I was wondering how to start a facebook group. I know there was a thread about this a few months ago but I can't find it. Thanks in advance for your help.

4 replies
Musings9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Musings9 Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 5:19pm
post #2 of 5

I'm going through the same thing presently. I came across a post the other day about the importance of a web presence in business and a fellow CCer had the loveliest site and she did it herself. This inspired me to do the same. So, I googled and found this site, it explains everything quite clearly.http://www.how-to-build-websites.com/
This is the link to the do-it-yourselfer http://www.kcclassiccakes.com/index2.php#/home/

HTH thumbs_up.gif

cuillere Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cuillere Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 1:21am
post #3 of 5

I own about 8 sites, it's not hard at all. Buy from godaddy dot com. Once you punch in the name you want it'll tell you if the site is available or not. If taken they will let you know who owns it. Keep punching in few names or have a list ready for names you would like to use.
building a site is not hard anymore.

as far as facebook goes, you must have a page. go to starbucks page (not people but pages) in the lower bottom left it'll say start a business page .Click on the link and follow the steps. very easy.
good luck

tara22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tara22 Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 5:56pm
post #4 of 5

I highly recommend getting a facbook page. I just opened, and about 75% of my business comes from facbook. With a business page, you acquire "fans" instead of friends. Everytime you post a new picture or update, it shows up on your "fans" pages, constantly reminding them of what you can do. And the best part...............ITS FREE!!

Lisaa1996 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisaa1996 Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 6:14pm
post #5 of 5

I made mine using Vistaprints.com and it was soooo easy! I have gotten alot of business from it and it costs me about $10/month. I figure it's worth it because I am getting 4-6 orders per month from the site alone icon_smile.gif !

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%