Cake Dizasters

Lounge By beck30 Updated 10 Dec 2009 , 7:41pm by rosiecast

beck30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beck30 Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 3:55am
post #1 of 12

Hi I'm creating a website for cake disasters. I will put your cake disaster on my website. You just have to e-mail me your picture and your story. Like I said, it is a new site so I haven't had any content yet. I think it will be fun to look through and learn from everyone's mistakes. I will be putting my cake disasters on here after I get my pictures from my other hard drive put on here. (My other comp blew up) The web site is www.cakedizasters.com. Email me. If you want to add your cake just make sure you put cake dizasters in the subject line of the e-mail. Thank you!

11 replies
browniebatterer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
browniebatterer Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 4:37am
post #2 of 12

Sounds a lot like Cake Wrecks.

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 1:36pm
post #3 of 12

I also thought it sounds like cake wrecks, but it seems a bit different - like you send it in yourself, not someone spotted something that was supposed to be professional and looks anything but. Am I right?

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 2:35pm
post #4 of 12

You can send in your own wrecks to CakeWrecks, and people do...

beck30 Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 2:36pm
post #5 of 12

Yes that's right. I don't want to put peoples pics on there without there permission. I think you can learn a lot from other peoples mistakes. Cake wrecks is different.

beck30 Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 2:55pm
post #6 of 12

Also I don't want to make fun of cakes, I want you to tell your story. Everyone has bad days when it comes to cake and I kind of want to hear how you overcame it. I'm not going to comment on your cake at all I will just copy your story and put it on this site. If you have no intentions of copying cake wrecks. He finds pics and comments on them. Its funny stuff but that's not what this site is about. If you have any questions you can e-mail me or pm me.

CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 3:46am
post #7 of 12

Similar but different. There's more than enough blog topics to go around.

However...I'm too ashamed to post my cake disaster ANYWHERE. I cried for a week. Yes it was almost 4 yrs ago...but I'm still VERY sensitive about it.

beck30 Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 4:52pm
post #8 of 12

That's funny! I will post mine when I get the stuff off my hard drive.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 5:01pm
post #9 of 12

Yeah, I'm the same way Cake Forte. I had one 2 years ago that was horrible-I don't think I would be posting a photo of it so my business could be tied to a disaster.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 9:54pm
post #10 of 12

They should probably be anonymous entries! Nobody's going to want to be identified with a picture of a horrible cake and your business name (or your own name, either!)

beck30 Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 12:34am
post #11 of 12

that is what I want. I don't in any way want people handing out there real names and business information. Just stories about there cake disaster and how they coped and got through the day. Like say you had a problem with supporting your cake and that was your disaster. You could tell what your problem was and how you dealt with it. When someone who has the same problem can read it and figure on how there going to get through the same disaster. I have had some cakes that I would call a disaster and at the end they came out looking fine but I would still consider it a disaster. W
hen I first started decorating it used to look like a bomb exploded in my kitchen! If someone wants to put there cake on the website and don't want to be mentioned just don't include your name or let me know you want to keep it anonymous.

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 7:41pm
post #12 of 12

Beck- that sounds like a great idea. Let us know if you decide to start it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%