Need Advice On Pies

Lounge By dawn64 Updated 16 Dec 2009 , 12:49am by Joyfull4444

dawn64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawn64 Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 2:40am
post #1 of 5

I need help! I cannot make a pie without it forming liquid in the pie. I don't even know where the liquid is coming from. No matter what recipe I use this always happen to me. My pie crust looks great , and my filling gets to the right consistency and my merinque looks perfect. But within 30 minutes I have this liquid that is more than just a weeping merinque. I have tried both ways by putting merinque when it is cool and when it is warm. Please help !!!

4 replies
grandmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmom Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 4:56pm
post #2 of 5

Is this a cooked filling poured into a pre-baked shell? If so, are you allowing the filling to cool before pouring into the shell? It has been my experience that if you pour hot filling into the shell, cover that hot filling with meringue then add more heat to set the meringue, you're going to get "puddle pie".

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 5:11pm
post #3 of 5

Are you using frozen pie shells and sticking them in the oven without letting them thaw?

dawn64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawn64 Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 6:55pm
post #4 of 5

I am pouring hot filling into the pie shell and then immediatly making the merinque . I am surely getting puddle pie. thanks so much for the advice

Joyfull4444 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joyfull4444 Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 12:49am
post #5 of 5

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%