Candy Apples???

Sugar Work By Danishwiz Updated 8 Dec 2009 , 4:53am by miny

Danishwiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danishwiz Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 1:38am
post #1 of 6

Ok, so I watched a special on the Food Network with Guy (from Diner's Drive In's and Dives) and his family in Disneyland. They showed a quick clip of some candy apples they make there that look like snowmen. Has anyone ever made these or know where I can find instructions? I want to make them for my son's daycare for the Holiday. I searched it and looked on You Tube but I can't find them anywhere.

Thanks for any and all help.

5 replies
Danishwiz Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 2:28am
post #2 of 6

Does anyone have any tips on making Candy Apples?

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 2:42am
post #3 of 6

Well, there is candy apples and caramel apples, I've seen the caramel ones in youtube, but I can not wrap my head on making them look like snowmen. What I've seen are some cute meringe snowmen in the Martha Steward site, they even have the most adorable chocolate hat, you should check it out. Sorry I'm, of no help with the apples icon_redface.gif

Danishwiz Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 2:49am
post #4 of 6

Thanks for the help I will check out Martha Steward's site. It was dipped in white chocolate I think and there was marshmallow on top.

CandyCU Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyCU Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 3:04am
post #5 of 6

Hi Danishwiz,

There are lots of clips on youtube (lots of rubbish too) but I found this, thought it might help and it was cute:

HTH!

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 4:53am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danishwiz

Thanks for the help I will check out Martha Steward's site. It was dipped in white chocolate I think and there was marshmallow on top.

If they were dipped in white chocolate then you should search in YouTube under caramel apples, and now I got an idea of what you are looking for and I think, they are going to come out really cute. Good luck and post a pic if you can, I'll love to see the final product icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%