Just A Bit Of Rage!!!

Lounge By Rachie204 Updated 14 Dec 2009 , 2:31am by cylstrial

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 5:24pm
post #1 of 25

Errr...This is the second time this has happened.

Woke up this morning, got the baby and my son up and fed,dressed and ready to walk out the door, only to realize my purse and keys are nowhere to be found.

Twice now my husband has (for some reason) put my purse in the trunk of my car when we were going somewhere as a family, uses his keys to drive, and when we return home I carry the baby in while he is to grab the diaper bag and anything else needing to be carried in....and he forgets my purse and locks the doors behind him with his keys....he then goes to bed and leaves for work 5am the next morning...leaving me out of luck.

This is the second time our son has missed school because of this...I am very agitated.

Now i have to sit in the house until 5:30 when he gets home.... icon_mad.gif

24 replies
veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 5:53pm
post #2 of 25

Maybe you should invest in a couple of spare keys (keep in the house) so your could retrieve the others from the car.

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 6:13pm
post #3 of 25

Mine drove yesterday when we went to the city then he left this morning (on the first day of his new job) with my keys in his pocket. He had to turn around and come back home so I could take the kids to school. Not a happy man but that is his fault hehe.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 6:29pm
post #4 of 25

oh mine is one of these "security first! security first!" type of PITA's!! icon_mad.gif You've no idea how many lectures I get to listen to on why my doors should be locked while I'm flyin' down the highway at 70 mph so someone won't yank my door open.... WHILE i'm driving. I come home from shopping, with my arms full of bags, he's home ... but the freakin' front door is locked! Then he gets all pissy because I'm leaning on the doorbell and gosh oh darn golly gee he has to GET UP to let me in because I can't get to my key because my arms are full!! (oh and his answer ISN'T "let me help you" ... it's "Make 2 trips next time!")

I think he does it for "fake and phony show" because my new windshield wiper blades laid on the front hallway for over 4 months before he FINALLY put them on my van. I needed a headlight replaced for weeks before he finally replaced it, and the only reason he did was because I said, "Where's the hammer? ... I need to replace my headlight." icon_rolleyes.gif He's SO "safety" conscientious, yet it's perfectly ok for his wife to drive her van with one headlight and no wipers that clear the windshield properly. But oh my god make sure the doors are locked.

I keep telling him it must be so sad to live such a paranoid life where you think everyone is out to get you.

And Rachie, my hubby wouldn't WANT to come home at 5:30 if he'd done that to me! icon_twisted.gif

Rachie204 Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 7:03pm
post #5 of 25

Yes I decided I am going to purchase 8 extra keys and place them all around my house....lol

Beeboos~ you are luck you caught it in time this morning...my hubby had been gone 3 hours or so but the time I figured it out...and he works a full hour away.

Indydebi~Haha your husband reminds me of my grandma...lol She is always freaking out if my windows are down or my car doors are unlocked....or if only my house deadbolt and bottom lock are locked and not the screen because the screen door is seriously going to stop someone before the deadbolt...HAHA

She is so Paranoid that she doesn't want my 5year old eating peanut butter or celery because he is going to choke...our 10month old must wear shoes at all times..(even in the summer), and I kid you not if I am going 50 in a 55 where most people are going 70 she states "I am not riding with you anymore"...It's sad because she is wasting her life away worrying about stuff that is just silly.

And yes....hubby better walk through that door with a bottle of wine if he wants to make up after all the stress he put me under. icon_smile.gif

indydebi Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 7:09pm
post #6 of 25

Wine, roses, chocolate (Godiva, of course!) AND a diamond bracelet MIGHT start to put me in a better mood. icon_twisted.gif

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 7:11pm
post #7 of 25

this makes me laugh, because as the first one out the door in the morning, there has been more then once that i went to work with hubbies things (and i work in a job that i just can't run them home to him) One day it was the garage door opener, he had locked the side door to the garage with his car in there, with the door opener over the visor. (i did have to do a drive by that day)

Rachie204 Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 7:17pm
post #8 of 25

Peg~ That is hilarious....I would be enraged if I had the keys but still couldn't drive the car! Haha

The only thing I ever end up having that hubby needs is his Debit card....lol Imagine that! icon_lol.gif

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 1:40pm
post #9 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

I think he does it for "fake and phony show" because my new windshield wiper blades laid on the front hallway for over 4 months before he FINALLY put them on my van. I needed a headlight replaced for weeks before he finally replaced it, and the only reason he did was because I said, "Where's the hammer? ... I need to replace my headlight." icon_rolleyes.gif He's SO "safety" conscientious, yet it's perfectly ok for his wife to drive her van with one headlight and no wipers that clear the windshield properly.

You should have just installed them yourself. Gee, situation SOLVED.

Seriously, Rachie, you need some extra sets of keys around! I can understand your aggravation at that situation.

indydebi Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 2:28pm
post #10 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakepro

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif So right! We've just gotten to the point around here that me and the kids lay bets on how long it's going to take him to do something and how long something will "lay around" before mom takes care of it. So far, I've made about $7 on the bets! icon_lol.gif

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 3:36pm
post #11 of 25

Get a screwdriver, and a big hammer. Put the screwdriver in the middle of the trunk lock, hit hard with hammer. If hubby bitc**es tell him he's next for being such a moron.

Mike

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 5:29pm
post #12 of 25

Oh no! I hate it when things like that happen. I spent 15 minutes just looking for my keys one morning before school. My hubby suffers from PIDS, and he leaves crap everywhere. We park in the drive way and our garage is the boat house and tool storage area. I hardly ever go into the garage. I finally found my keys on the freezer in the garage and the kids were late for school.

beck30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beck30 Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 6:15pm
post #13 of 25

That stinks but I can understand the security issue. My purse was stolen out of my car last month while I was sitting not 50 feet away, with 600 dollars in it. Now I am a big security freak.

Maydo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maydo Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 7:02pm
post #14 of 25

I have some kind of problem, I am sure, with my brain. I can't find anything. Sadly, I can't blame anyone.
This is what I do when I can't find my purse:
- I keep an expired license in my car. If need be, I have at least something . A cop can run the old one and see everything is in order and hopefully let me slide
-I keep cash in the house
- I keep a credit card by the computer. I can use it for ordering and grab it if I need more money

Some people laugh at me and think it is a joke. It is very hard to live the way I do.

cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 11:46pm
post #15 of 25

rachie, sorry for your dilema, but I have to say I did get quite a chuckle from the rest of the posts........indydebi.....I love love love the.... "where's the hammer"......Have to fix my headlight....I almost peed myself.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 12:28am
post #16 of 25

This has happened to me a couple of times, but luckily so far it hasn't been to the expense of anything like school. In fact, today I drove 10 miles into town on snowy roads only to realize I had not put my debit card in my wallet after getting gas yesterday. Gah! Put it in my back pocket and had on different jeans.
Sorry this happened! I try now to have a system where I make sure my keys, purse, etc are always in the same place at night before I go to bed. But of course, I still slip up sometimes.

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 3:18am
post #17 of 25

Mike is right, break it to get it, then he will think twice next time.

I rarely ask my husband to fix something more than once. I tell him something needs to be fixed and give him a timeline, then I either do it myself, my way or hire someone to fix it right.

The best way is to act like I am going to fix it with something really outlandish and then he wants to come show me how it is suppose to be done. Stupid does work for you once in a while.

I grew up in a family of guys working on cars and building things and since I was a tomboy, I helped out, so I can figure out most problems, but sometimes I want someone else to do it. So I make sure he thinks I am going to ruin it so that he takes over.

I give spare keys to my mother, husband, neighbor and an extra set hidden in my purse in case I lock them in the car.

CakesbyCarla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyCarla Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 12:39am
post #18 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakepro

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif So right! We've just gotten to the point around here that me and the kids lay bets on how long it's going to take him to do something and how long something will "lay around" before mom takes care of it. So far, I've made about $7 on the bets! icon_lol.gif

So glad I'm not the only one out there. My husband is so lazy. Usually things don't get done until I do them myself. If he actually does something, he does it so poorly I WISH I'd done it myself. My kids aren't old enough to bet, but when they get older I most assuredly will get rich quick. LOL.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 4:32am
post #19 of 25

To fix the problem, the OP needs to keep control of her purse instead of letting hubby put it in the trunk.

Rachie204 Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 8:42pm
post #20 of 25

7yyrt~ We have two children which means in the winter we are putting 4 people 4 coats a diaper bag and my purse all in the car. I never "Let" him put it in the trunk. He went out before me and put it there.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 8:47pm
post #21 of 25

I see. It's just that my hubby doesn't touch my purse at all unless asked to. I didn't know any guy would voluntarily move one. The fellows around here pick them up with two fingers like they're going to explode or something. LOL
Of course, any babies we'd have around would be grandkids and our kids would be putting them in the car.

Rachie204 Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 8:53pm
post #22 of 25

The fellows around here pick them up with two fingers like they're going to explode or something. LOL

That is to funny. No he keeps doing this in an attempt to "help" Lol It's not just my purse either...he will grab my keys or my phone....my sunglasses ERRR NO ONE TOUCH MY SUNGLASSES!!!....lol

It's driving me crazy.

Oh and yes as much as I enjoy out youngest being 11months old a part of me can't wait until she can walk to the car herself. I remember the day out son learned to buckle himself in the seat...I wanted to have a celebration party! .....then came baby number two...lol

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 9:50pm
post #23 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachie204

.....then came baby number two...lol

They now know what causes that. icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

indydebi Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 1:18am
post #24 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachie204

I remember the day out son learned to buckle himself in the seat...I wanted to have a celebration party!

A friend of mine said she was overjoyed when her kids were big enough to have their own coke at McDonalds, instead of sharing hers. "I had forgotten what a Coke without french fry pieces floating in it tasted like!" she said. (We then got into a conversation about how "funny" it was that somehow, for some reason, they never shared DADDY'S coke! Hmmmm! icon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif )

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 14 Dec 2009 , 2:31am
post #25 of 25

Definitely get a second set of keys - so that you don't have to worry about it anymore! Sorry that happened! It would be rough to have to stay at home all day. Plus your son is missing school!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%