Fondx Fondant Help!!!!

Decorating By ccc1234 Updated 6 Dec 2009 , 4:25am by Rylan

ccc1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccc1234 Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 2:18am
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone, I would like to get feed back on FONDX fondant. Please tell me you experience with it. I have 15 dummy cakes that I have to decorate for the showroom in my soon to open cake shop and Ive always made my own MMF at home. Im going to use fondarific for clients but since is so expensive I thought I can try fondx for the dummy cakes. Please help!!! Thanks for looking

4 replies
baycheeks1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baycheeks1 Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 2:35am
post #2 of 5

I have used fondx on a cake before, I like it, the taste is good...now for dummy cakes I like to use wilton, its cheap and to me it goes on styrofoam fairly easy. I would reserve the other fondant for cakes...

luvbakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbakin Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 2:54am
post #3 of 5

I use FondX all the time for cakes and LOVE it. It's great to work with, but it's a little soft to use for figures. If you do decide to use it for figures (or bows) just add some tylose powder.

I agree with baycheeks1, Wilton is a good choice for a dummy cake. You can get it at Michael's and use a 40% off coupon.

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 3:31am
post #4 of 5

I too use Wilton fondant for my display cakes because I can use a coupon and it handles very well. I use Satin Ice and Fondx for real cakes.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 4:25am
post #5 of 5

I've used Fondx. The taste is good but wasn't a fan of how it handles--I personally find it too soft.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%