Oreo Pieces Baked In Cake?

Baking By chilz822 Updated 6 Dec 2009 , 2:30am by jenmat

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 1:11am
post #1 of 6

Is this possible if I shake the pieces in cocoa power prior to folding them into batter or do they just mush up? I want to make a cake with pieces of cookie throughout, like chocolate chips...

5 replies
jaybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaybug Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 1:37am
post #2 of 6

I was thinking about doing this also. Maybe someone will have an answer for you...

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 2:04am
post #3 of 6

I made a doctored mix recipe from allrecipes and it had crushed oreos in it, cant think of the recipe name but if you do a search you should find it.

jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 2:05am
post #4 of 6

I offer an oreo cookie cake- I just process them a bit in the food processor, blend them into the batter and go. No need for the cocoa powder unless you want additional flavor. One of my more popular options actually!

erin12345 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erin12345 Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 2:18am
post #5 of 6

What flavor cake mix does the crushed Oreos taste best in?

jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 2:30am
post #6 of 6

i do things a little differently with my menu- I actually offer "base cake flavors" that are buttermilk white, buttermilk chocolate, WASC, Marble and Classic Yellow. Then the customer can choose a mix-in such as oreos, cherries, rasp, strawberry, white chocolate, etc.
I guess most people do oreos with white, chocolate or marble base. This weekend I did one white cake with white chocolate and oreo, and then cookies n cream filling. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%