Linda Mcclure Videos

Decorating By amyfj1 Updated 25 Jan 2013 , 10:04am by MnSnow

amyfj1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amyfj1 Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 12:29am
post #1 of 15

Does anyone know where to purchase the Linda McClure dvd where she uses the Cricut to cut fondant? I googled her and didn't really see a site that looked like it was her. Thanks!

14 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 12:40am
post #2 of 15

i tried to send you her web site. but look at what happened. i type in linda mcclure cakes on my home page.. you will see her site.... global sugar art sells it also..

amyfj1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amyfj1 Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 12:48am
post #3 of 15

Icer101, thanks. I googled that and found the dvd. Have you ever used the Cricut with fondant before?

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 12:48am
post #4 of 15

www.*************************/

www.*************************

www.*******************

JuneBugBaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JuneBugBaby Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 2:27am
post #5 of 15

I just ordered mine! WHOO!! Does anyone know how long it takes to get it? icon_biggrin.gif

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 2:50am
post #6 of 15

i have her dvd.. she uses the cricut expression.. she uses gumpaste. i am not sure if you can use fondant. maybe too soft. i am watching the dvd over an over.. so when i get my cricut.. i will have the knowlege.. she is a really good teacher on this video.. she has a second one out now.. ready to release . i will get that one too.. you roll the gumpaste thin. like rose petals, etc. then let it set up some on the crisco greased mat.. then load it into your machine. you have to use the blue cutter(longer blade) for this project. the one that comes with the machine is not long enough . so get the blue cutter.. you have to order that too. once in a while i do see it at acmoore and michaels. i think most people have to order it.. if you have everything just right..it will work for you. she tells you over and over in the dvd... this same thing. she is nice. hth

ohayr639 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ohayr639 Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 3:18am
post #7 of 15

I just got mine in the mail yesterday and I only ordered it last Sunday I think! I was surprised and happy it came that quick! Now if I could just find the time to really sit down and play with it. . . I tried quickly but I didn't have it set right, then baby started to fuss. . . So I will later!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 1:20am
post #8 of 15

Fondant with tylose added to it works really well.

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 1:39am
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneBugBaby

I just ordered mine! WHOO!! Does anyone know how long it takes to get it? icon_biggrin.gif

I got mine super fast, less than a week and I'm in a deployed location so that was incredible thumbs_up.gif She and her husband were super helpful and I had some really nice emails with them.

farmom3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
farmom3 Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 4:49am
post #10 of 15

Any one has her 2nd DVD ???
she use the Sure Cuts A Lot software in her 2nd dvd
I have a personal cricut and I want to buy the software insted of lots of cartridge, I just want to know if it's ok I just buy her 2nd Dvd or I have to buy both ???
Thnak you very much

JuneBugBaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JuneBugBaby Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 4:48pm
post #11 of 15

I don't have her second disc but I know in part 2 of her first disc she goes of SCAL a little bit. I have the SCAL program and it's pretty easy to use. I think if you have the basics down with how to use the cricut and gumpaste as well as how to use the SCAL program you'd be okay icon_biggrin.gif

farmom3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
farmom3 Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 4:23am
post #12 of 15

Hi ,thank you JuneBugBaby,

I just got my 1st dvd today and watching the dvd, but mine have not recipe for gumpate ????
and several cut to it, is this just mine or you have that problem too???
but graet information, i love it .
thanks

khoudek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoudek Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 5:51am
post #13 of 15

I just received mine a couple of days ago. Haven't had time to view it, but it came in a few days.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 9:10pm
post #14 of 15

I ordered mine yesterday and it was shipped out the same day. Can't wait to get it! Now I have to order the deep cut blade while I'm waiting for my cricut expression to arrive.

MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 4:39am
post #15 of 15

I have her second one as well as her first. She now has a third one out!
She goes into more detail about using SCAL and INKSCAPE and using those programs with the Cricut. She does a couple kids cakes.

Her third dvd will cover baking, leveling, icing cakes. Here is a copy of the email I recieved about it:

Linda's new DVD set "Start to Finish" is complete and ready to go. In this great 3-DVD set she takes you all the way from preparing your pans to carrying a finished cake out the door. She shares her cake, frosting, and fondant recipes and takes you through their preparation, and gives you great tips to get nice, level layers straight out of the oven. If you want to learn how to quickly trim your layers to get nice, straight sides (and eliminate that pesky "hourglass" dip) she has it here. Need a good, consistent recipe? Want an easy way to get your fondant on your tiers? Get "Start to Finish".

Whether you're an experienced cake decorator or just starting out making cakes for friends and family, "Start to Finish" has tips, techniques, and tricks that will make your work easier and your cakes even better. Linda has learned and developed these over many, many years of decorating cakes. She's a very busy decorator, the developer of the technique to use electronic paper cutters to cut gum paste, and a great teacher. You'll enjoy picking up ideas that make your work easier and better.

Visit our web sites at  www.******************* or www.creativedesinscakes.com to order this great 3-DVD set.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%