Packaging And Shipping Help Please!!!!

Decorating By amazingcakery Updated 5 Dec 2009 , 7:35pm by MYOM-Dominic

amazingcakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amazingcakery Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 6:23pm
post #1 of 5

I made chocolate cupcake toppers for a friends Christmas party. When I did a trial for the packaging... I found lots of breakage.

I changed the layout of the holly leaves so that they will be flat on the disk but I am still curious about better packaging ideas.

Please help.
LL

4 replies
bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 6:32pm
post #2 of 5

Are you shipping them out of state or something? Did you package them yourself and how were they packaged? When I have shipped cookie bouquets I take them to a mailing center Postal centers USA and they do it for me, I havent had any breakage with them

amazingcakery Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 6:52pm
post #3 of 5

Yes and yes. I am shipping them out of state and I tried to do the packaging myself.

If I can't find a solution to do it myself, I will try taking it to a shipping store.

amazingcakery Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 6:54pm
post #4 of 5

I had shredded paper on the bottom of the box. Followed by a square cake board, I placed the toppers on that, then placed clear wrap on top of them to keep the next layer of shredded paper from touching the toppers.

MYOM-Dominic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MYOM-Dominic Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 7:35pm
post #5 of 5

I had to ship candy lollipops to the Martha Stewart Show and could not afford any breakage. Here is what I did which worked quite well. First decide on the box that you are going to ship the chocolates in. Then cut cardboard so that it fits inside the box and lays flat. Next cut smaller squares or rounds of cardboard about an inch larger than your chocolates all the way around. Take a double layer of cling wrap and cut the same size as your smaller squares or rounds. Place your chocolates on the smaller boards and lay the cling wrap over it. Then staple the cling wrap down on the smaller board so that the cling wrap is just this side of snug. Staple all around the chocolates. Hot glue these chocolate packed boards to the bigger board that fits down inside the shipping box. Place a single layer of packaging peanuts on the bottom of the box. Then place your board on top so the the chocolates are facing up. Cover with paper towels and add at least two inches of peanuts on top. You can make multiple layers in one box as long as you have room for the peanuts between each layer. When you close the box make sure to slightly overfill the shipping box with peanuts so that when you close it there is a slight compression of the contents. Do this and you can ship your chocolates to China if need be.

Dominic icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%