Can Someone Help - Recipe From 2002 Yearbook

Baking By TexasSugar Updated 4 Dec 2009 , 10:01pm by TexasSugar

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 2:36pm
post #1 of 9

I am 99.9% sure the recipe I am looking for is in the 2002 yearbook. I want to say there is a doll cake on the front but I could be wrong. I do know that the book has the Turkey that has a chocolate ball for the bigger portion of the body and the head and tail feathers were made from cookies.

I really like the large batch of cookie dough from that book because it doesn't spread and distort shape as bad as their other recipe. I just had this recipe out two weeks ago and now I can't find it and of course Wilton doesn't have it on their website.

I was wondering if someone had this yearbook hand that could give me the ingreidents for this recipe? Please? Pretty please?

8 replies
maddypaige01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maddypaige01 Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 2:49pm
post #2 of 9

I just so happened to be sitting here beside my Wilton yearbooks when I read your post. You must have a photographic memory because you got the year, cover, and turkey exactly right! Haha!

Large Batch Roll-Out Cookies
1 1/4 cups butter
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp Wilton almond flavor or vanilla extract
5 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk

Do you need the instructions too? Or just the ingredients? icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 3:03pm
post #3 of 9

Oh Thank you! Thank you!! The ingredients is what I needed.

I don't have a photographic memory, but as far as I know that is the last year that had that recipe in it, maybe the only one. So I've handled the book alot. And of course I have misplaced mine when I most needed it.

I did the Turkey many years ago, which is when I first used the recipe. If you compare it to their regular one it has the same amount of baking powder, which explains why the other one changes shape so much. I know I could play around with that measurement, but this recipe works, so that's why I use it.

You have been a life saver!

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 3:23pm
post #4 of 9

yes, when ever i make the wilton sugar cookie recipe, their regular one i only use half the amount of bp that it calls for.

maddypaige01 Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 3:24pm
post #5 of 9

Glad I could help!

Happy Baking!

TexasSugar Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 3:41pm
post #6 of 9

Selina, you'd think they'd change that since it is suppose to be used to roll out and cut out shapes in. I'll have to try the regular recipe with half the baking soda sometime. Tonight I'm getting ready for a cookie class that starts tomorrow afternoon. Nothing like the last minute huh?

Maddy, I'm so glad you had your yearbooks handy this morning.

TexasSugar Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 7:08pm
post #7 of 9

I'm gonna bug you again, can you give me the temp and time for baking? I think it's 350?

maddypaige01 Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 8:54pm
post #8 of 9

Sorry I'm a little late on this one. It's 375 for 6-8 minutes.

TexasSugar Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 10:01pm
post #9 of 9

Not late at all. Thank you again!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%