Help! Wedding Cake Dec 19Th

Decorating By sodalitycake Updated 10 Dec 2009 , 2:51am by lecie

sodalitycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sodalitycake Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 11:53pm
post #1 of 10

I have a bride who is super sweet but has no ideas for her wedding and said, " I trust you! do whatever you want! icon_smile.gif" aaaahhhhh! I know this may be a cake decorator's dream but i have little to go on. i dont even have an invitation to mimic but i have an idea of the invitation. it has some snowflakes on it and a cross. (I know, bare with me) the wedding colors are silver, white and a mermaid blue. looking for chic, modern, ideas to get the brain juices flowing icon_smile.gif im thinking wintery but not christmasy. anything helps! thanks friends

9 replies
ramie7224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ramie7224 Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 12:08am
post #2 of 10

Maybe a version of this
http://www.flickr.com/photos/29610282@N08/2760556379/

This one is nice also, but without the ski-slope shaped top tier.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kjander/3178405413/

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 2:52am
post #3 of 10

Oh, I love the 2nd one that she suggested -- it's so pretty with the icicles and the big snowflakes!! I, too, would skip the ski-slope top, though.

sodalitycake Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 4:14am
post #4 of 10

great ideas! thank you ramie7224 icon_smile.gif

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 4:18pm
post #5 of 10

Just thought I might point out, do you have it in the contract that she said do whatever you want? I hear that a lot, they don't really mean it. Now, I'm not saying it's impossible, cause I was the bride that told my cake person do whatever you want, and she did, and I was fine with it. But you may just want to cover all your angles, just to be safe. icon_wink.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 4:30pm
post #6 of 10

what about something like this in blue fondant (the shade she's using) and then you could even pipe some white snowflakes on the sides if you wanted...but I think the sanding sugar pulls across the wintery look without yelling CHRISTMAS..........don't ya think?

Oh and hey, tell her to get a cross topper lol
LL

sodalitycake Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 9:52pm
post #7 of 10

thanks for the advice Labellaflor icon_smile.gif. yep i have a contract with her and it has all those details in there for sure. she's also a close friend too so if anything were to change in her thought process, I'd do it just because I want to help make her day special icon_smile.gif.

sodalitycake Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 9:53pm
post #8 of 10

thats a neat cake!

lecie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecie Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 2:51am
post #9 of 10

I have an idea hope you like. Top tier Nice beautiful light blue made of fondant, royal icing snowflakes: some white and some dusted in silver. Make a nice size blue, white and silver balls as border. 2nd tier below white fondant with iciles dusted in blue and border white , blue and silver balls. Just an idea to start with.

lecie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecie Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 2:51am
post #10 of 10

I hope you can see my version.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%