Good Deal Or Not? Micheal's Wilton I....

Decorating By Sabre3of4 Updated 4 Dec 2009 , 7:18am by JanH

Sabre3of4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sabre3of4 Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 8:38pm
post #1 of 6

My Micheal's is having a half price special this month. It half price because the class is on Sat. and the teacher in not having a 4th class after Xmas.... I've been trying for months to get into the Hobby Lobby class and no dice and really, the teacher has never returned my phone calls in the past and this month, her phone # is disconected and it's the only number for HL to get ahold of her(I wasn't wanting another # for her. I just told HL that the give out # was disconnected and the girl just blurted that out), So I was starting to rethink that anyways.....
I don't want to go to JA's as I think they are over priced so I have Micheal's and HL to chose from... There is also June's Bakery but I won't have the cash or the time for her 10 week class until later in the year
So this is my last window until summer at least to grab a Wilton class, Should I take it or no? icon_surprised.gif

TIA,
Sabrina

5 replies
Manotas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Manotas Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 8:47pm
post #2 of 6

I took three of their classes and they really got me started in the right direction. But I can compare to anything else Wilton is the only classes I've taking so far.

Good luck icon_wink.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 8:49pm
post #3 of 6

Michaels class promotion for the Wilton classes in Dec is 50% off. So I'm not sure why that store or instructor is saying that it is half off because it is on Saturdays and they aren't teaching the last class.

As a WMI, I'd say that unless you are okay with paying for and losing out on 2 hours of instruction time, I'd wait until another time to do it. If you are doing Course 1, then either she is going to put the lesson 4 in other lessons meaning the lessons are going to be even more cramed or you will miss out on a whole lesson, which is finishing the roses, leaves, bows and sweet peas.

I scheduled my classes twice a week for the first two weeks of the month to avoid the holiday issues. When I have a class fall on a holiday I pick it back up the next week. As an example, one of my courses fell on Thanksgiving last month, we skipped that night, obviously, but are finishing up the class tonight.

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 11:02pm
post #4 of 6

I took a couple of them last year ~ for what they cost, they were worth it - fun and I learned quite a bit.

Sabre3of4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sabre3of4 Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 2:37am
post #5 of 6

Update
Well, I called again and actually talked to the manager and she said there would be 4 classes just one might be the week after xmas. So I went over and signed up. Classes start on Sat. thumbs_up.gif
yea,
Sabrina

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 7:18am
post #6 of 6

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%