Getting Rid Of Books And Dvds

Lounge By Maydo Updated 11 Dec 2009 , 7:19pm by Kayakado

Maydo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maydo Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 10:49pm
post #1 of 5

I thought I'd start a new thread on this but itis a piggyback to the Hoarders Thread.

I am a member of SwapaDVD.com and its sister site PaperbackSwap.com

You pay to send books and DVDs to people, but they pay to send them to you. Dvds are about $2 to mail and books about $1.45 and up. You can buy postage and mail right from home. It is cheaper to go to the post office, but in December, I don't even try to go there.

I think for you avid book collectors/readers it may be too much trouble,but I thought I'd throw it out there.

I like it beacuse for odd books and movies , people will want them. I learned if you wait long enough, you can get pretty much any movie you want. Cake books, well, the wait list for them is looong!

BTW if you mention I sent you- I get a credit! ("maydo" on that site, too... not sure if oyu need my email but if you PM me I can get it).

Anyone else belong to such a site? I've been happy with these 2 so far.

4 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 1:01am
post #2 of 5

I think that sounds great! Thanks for sharing! I have never heard of it before!

Kayakado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kayakado Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 7:05pm
post #3 of 5

I donate mine to the public library, what they don't add to their collection the sell them in an annual book sale to make money for the library. No postage required

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 7:07pm
post #4 of 5

I wish I had time to read....

Kayakado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kayakado Posted 11 Dec 2009 , 7:19pm
post #5 of 5

Our local library has many books on cd and some that can be downloaded directly off the library site. I love to listen to them while working in the kitchen.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%