Golf Ball Chocolate Mold? Cheesecake Balls?

Decorating By cakesbyclaire Updated 2 Dec 2009 , 8:54pm by DianeLM

cakesbyclaire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyclaire Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 8:19pm
post #1 of 2

Hey CCers.... I need help!
I have a bride wanting a simple chocolate square grooms cake with edible golf balls on top- same size as a golf ball (or very close to the real deal)!

I need a chocolate mold for golf balls to make these in white chocolate... any suggestions?

Also, she wanted me to somehow make these cheesecake if possible... any ideas on how I would do this?
(I could scoop balls of actual cheesecake and then dip in chocolate- but I need those little indentions to make them look like golf balls.)
and ideas?

thanks!

1 reply
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 8:54pm
post #2 of 2

I have a golf ball mold that has three half-balls. Can't imagine what they were thinking there.

Anyway, I always glue the two halves together to make a solid ball.

What you'll want to do, once you get your mold, is fill the cavities all the way. Pop in the frig for a couple of minutes. Pour out excess chocolate and place back in frig to set up.

Fill halves with whatever cheesecake filling you decide to use. Glue halves together with more white chocolate.

Once they've set up, you can use your finger or a craft knife to smooth out the seam.

If they get too dull from handling, you can refresh the shine with a coat of confectioners glaze, which can be purchased at many cake suppliers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%