Jillmakescakes Changes My Mind On Cakeballs!

Decorating By indydebi Updated 6 Dec 2009 , 2:13pm by indydebi

caseyhayes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caseyhayes Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 6:59am
post #31 of 39

Mmmmmm! I think I've become a cake ball monster! Good luck with your business!!!!

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 4:57pm
post #32 of 39

Hehehehe... can't blame a gal for trying right?

I like making cake truffles actually, and I don't put hardly any icing in them either. When I make them with my chocolate cake you almost don't need any icing since it's so moist. I have thought about offering them to clients, but I don't like making them THAT much... icon_wink.gif

jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 7:05pm
post #33 of 39

thanks for all the nice things you all have said.. I could use them today. Here's my little sob story.... my purse got stolen out of my grocery cart last night and my youngest now is sick and on two antibiotics. Do you know how hard it is to go to the doc and get a prescription without ANYTHING from your purse?? icon_eek.gif

Ok, sob story over.

To answer a few questions:

I used candy melts as opposed to 'real' chocolate. They are cheaper and easier for me to work with. I'm not very good at tempering chocolate and don't have the money for trial and error.

As far as getting them nice and smooth, that just took a lot of practice. I read the cakeball thread about 10 times and looked at every blog I could find for tips. I think I used about 3 bags of melts before I got it right.

I'm looking into the flat rate shipping, so we'll see how it goes.

Thanks again everyone!!

Margieluvstobake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Margieluvstobake Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 7:33pm
post #34 of 39

Jill - So sorry to hear about your purse being stolen. I know how difficult that is to deal with. My purse was stolen out of my car (they broke through my back window) three years ago right before Christmas. The worst problem was that I had a full book of checks in there. Somebody had a wondeful Christmas with all the stuff they bought with those checks. It took me about a year to get it all straight. As a result I never carry my checkbook with me unless I specifically need it.

Back to cake balls..... Thanks for your answers. I have tempered my chocolate before when making truffles and they do come out with a crisp and shiney shell, but it is a lot more trouble than just melting and dipping. Yours just look really great. Thanks

caseyhayes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caseyhayes Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 1:09am
post #35 of 39

I hope your baby get well soon! I know that in itself can really drag a mommy down. I hope the cake fairy catches the thief on a dark corner!

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 1:16pm
post #36 of 39

I am so sorry to hear about your Purse, And More Importantly, your child being sick. I hope he or she get's well soon, ((((hugs)))). the Lord will work everything out. Just keep the faith.
And thank you for the answers on the cake ball Questions.
Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 2:00pm
post #37 of 39

Oh my goodies Jill! Your cake balls are totally mouthwatering--too beautiful to eat. I almost flooded Las Vegas with my drool.

Speaking of Las Vegas, I think you should try shipping it here as well. You can expect the worst climate change in here, it can get hot or cold anytime--such a good idea to test how it ships. Hehe.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 2:04pm
post #38 of 39

Oh any by the way Jill, I just read your recent post in here.

Sorry about the stolen purse, more blessings will come to you in return. I also hope your youngest will get well soon and that everything will be settled. I wish you all the best Jill.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 2:13pm
post #39 of 39

And if you would meet her youngest, you'd feel even worse for the poor little guy! He is so animated and so cute to be around! I can't imagine this fella feeling sick and down-for-the-count! Give him a "banna" hug for me!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%