Royal Icing Has Air Bubbles!!!!

Baking By Cakegodess Updated 3 Dec 2009 , 1:30am by Cakegodess

Cakegodess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakegodess Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 7:23pm
post #1 of 5

I need a better recipe for RI. I use the wilton recipe and sometimes it comes out with air bubbles when i flood my sugar cookies. I always make it the same way but sometimes it turns out smooth and sometimes it has air bubbles in it. I need a better frecipe. Does anyone have a better recipe that is fool prooficon_smile.gif

4 replies
emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 7:37pm
post #2 of 5

Antonia74's icing is awesome. As far as the air bubbles go, I find that if I mix very gently instead of beating, it works out a lot of the bubbles. Icing that is too watery will do that to me as well.

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 8:51pm
post #3 of 5

I use a modified version of Antonia74s recipe - that recipe is great!

Do you let your icing sit for a while after you make it (and color it) before you use it? If you let it sit, the colors will deepen some (so you can use less coloring) and the bubbles will rise to the top of the container. When you are ready to use it, just stir gently to pop the bubbles and it is ready to go.

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 2:43am
post #4 of 5

I like to advise making your icing the evening before you'll be using it. Mix it, thin it/tint it as necessary, remove the mixing bowl from the mixer, dampen a tea-towel and wring out as much water as possible from it, drape it over the top of the bowl (but not touching the surface of the icing), take a plastic shopping bag and cover the entire thing tightly.

Leave it on your counter overnight.

When you're ready to start the next day, your icing will be as smooth as glass. NO air bubbles. thumbs_up.gif

Cakegodess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakegodess Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 1:30am
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the tips Antonia74. I will def try making it the night before and i can't wait to try your recipe u are supposedly the RI queen. It's pretty cool soo many people swear by your recipe!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%