Please Help Me With A Gift Idea

Lounge By Lenette Updated 1 Dec 2009 , 10:21pm by TexasSugar

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 5:49pm
post #1 of 5

A friend of ours is going through a divorce and moving into his own place today. I just feel so bad for him and I want to do something.

I was thinking of maybe a gift basket or something useful for his new place maybe?

Of course my first thought is to cook but is that weird? I know he is a friend but I don't want him (or his ex-wife) to think anything into it, know what I mean?

Do you have any ideas of something to convey "I care" but wouldn't seem like too much? I feel kind of awkward for some reason...

4 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 5:54pm
post #2 of 5

Just make some cookies or something and send them over. I'm sure that he will appreciate them and not read anything into it!

brynn5241 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brynn5241 Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 7:34pm
post #3 of 5

My parents just got divorced and my mom and I moved out on our own. I can tell you that we appreciate anything we can get. We didn't have towels or very many dishes. I'd try and find out some little things that he could really use. Baking something is great, but it won't help out around the house thumbs_up.gif

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 9:57pm
post #4 of 5

When I moved out on my own my sister brought me a large kitchen trash can filled with cleaning supplies and some basic staples as well as a fry pan and a sauce pan. It was great. That is what I do for everyone now when I have to do a house warming gift.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 10:21pm
post #5 of 5

I love BeeBoos idea. Of you can make a 'basket' out of anything such as a colander with cooking utensils, and maybe measuring cups/spoons in it. You could also put together a meal for him such as a pot with spaghetti noodles and and jarred pasta sauce.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%