Piping 101

Decorating By babeebk Updated 7 Dec 2009 , 1:21am by denetteb

babeebk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babeebk Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 5:40pm
post #1 of 3

Is there a video out there for piping instruction? It's something that I have a really hard time with and the more I practice the more frustrated I become. Help!

2 replies
reenie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reenie Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 8:32pm
post #2 of 3

If you go to youtube.com and type in piping icing in the search bar, a bunch of different things pop up. I don't know if they have step by step instructions on all of them but I'm sure even just watching them will give you a better idea on how to go about doing the different piping techniques.

denetteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denetteb Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 1:21am
post #3 of 3

I agree to check out youtube videos. Watching really is helpful. Also when I was practicing for an early and important cake I practised on an upside down cake pan. I would pipe and pipe-top, sides, base and top borders. I would try all different kinds of things then scrape it off and do it again. I used one batch of frosting many, many times. I never used it for eating cause it had been so abused but it helped to take the pressure off me to make it look good since it was just going back in the container again. I also think it helped with my hand strength and coordination cause I would try to do some every day or two.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%