Texture Question About Mmf

Decorating By abra526 Updated 28 Nov 2009 , 7:46pm by abra526

abra526 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abra526 Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 4:27pm
post #1 of 4

I wanted to make MMF for my princess pillow cake that is in my photos. I made the MMF about 4 days in advance, then put in in the fridge until i was ready to use it. When I took it out last night and started kneading it, it has tiny little clear hard spots all over it. Luckily, after i put in on the cake, it's not as obvious, but i was wondering what would have caused this? Has anyone else had a problem with this?

3 replies
JawdroppingCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JawdroppingCakes Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 5:02pm
post #2 of 4

I have never had this problem with my mmf but I have never put my mmf in the fridge. I always put in clear wrap and then in a ziploc bag and then in an air tight container and then just leave it out on a counter until I'm ready to use it. Maybe you should try leaving it at room temp.

sherrycanary62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherrycanary62 Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 5:05pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawdroppingCakes

I have never had this problem with my mmf but I have never put my mmf in the fridge. I always put in clear wrap and then in a siploc bag and then in an air tight container and then just leave it out on a counter until I'm ready to use it. Maybe you should try leaving it at room temp.

thats what I do with mine too!! I have never put it in the fridge...

I have seen cake shows where they put the whole cake AFTER the fondant was applied in the fridge...I would be too afraid icon_surprised.gif

abra526 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abra526 Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 7:46pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the tip guys! In the recipe that I got from a different cake site, it said you could make it up to 2 weeks in advance, and then wrap it air tight, and then put it in the fridge. Next time I'll just leave it out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%