Royal Icing And Gumpaste

Decorating By jadedlogic Updated 28 Nov 2009 , 6:19pm by jadedlogic

jadedlogic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadedlogic Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 4:46am
post #1 of 4

Hello! I am new to this and am making a cake for my mom's birthday I made a gumpaste shoe and some royal icing flowers - once dried can I place these directly on the crusted buttercream? I know grease breaks down the RI and this is my first time working with gumpaste so I really have no idea....thanks icon_smile.gif

3 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 4:47am
post #2 of 4

Gumpaste doesn't soften on buttercream. I'm not too sure about the RI, I think the bottom softens a little bit.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 1:41pm
post #3 of 4

IF the gumpaste sits on the buttercream long enough...a long time...it will soften it up from the moisture in the icing. Like if you have a GP flower and a petal gets stuck into the icing.... it will soften it. But if the shoe is just sitting on top, I think it would take a good deal of time to soften it any. Can you make a placque to sit it on?

Jen icon_smile.gif

jadedlogic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadedlogic Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 6:19pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the replies - I don't really have time to make anything else- but I plan on putting it on right before we leave to go there so I think it should be ok. Hopefully it looks good once its all put together. Thanks for the help icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%