Martha Stewart Weddings

Decorating By alliebear Updated 2 Dec 2009 , 7:18pm by MalibuBakinBarbie

alliebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alliebear Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 4:57pm
post #1 of 13

What's your opinion on Martha Stewart Weddings the book? you know the one with all the cakes. i have looked thought it many a times and love the cakes in it. so classy but is it worth buying? i noticed she as some of the cakes posted on her website. also are the recipes that she has included any good?

12 replies
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 5:22pm
post #2 of 13

I bought it very inexpensively online last year (I forget where, maybe Amazon?) and I love it. I use it for style reference. There are very little "how to" instructions in the book and I have my own recipes so I haven't used any of hers, but overall I'm very happy with the book.

vtcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vtcake Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 5:57pm
post #3 of 13

It's a wonderful book to look through over and over. Mine was full price, but bought for me. For anyone who loves cakes, it's a must have!

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 6:20pm
post #4 of 13

I absolutely love this book. Pull it out whenver I need some inspiration. Like previously stated, not a whole lot of how-to's in the book, but I have tried several of the recipes in there and they are all wonderful!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 6:27pm
post #5 of 13

I love mine and use it all the time. I'm not really a fan of her recipes - but I love to look at the pictures and use them for inspiration. I also got mine on Amazon brand new. I think it was about $35.

moralna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moralna Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 4:42pm
post #6 of 13

I also have her book and love it. I have used some of the recipes and I have to say may most favorite is the Vanilla Custard BC - it really is very good.

kanwal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kanwal Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 5:03pm
post #7 of 13

I got it out of the library. It's got beautiful pictures in it. I would only use it for inspiration. I can't justify the price just for that. There are so many pictures of cakes on her website and here on CC to get great ideas. You can photocopy the recipes from it if there were any that you really liked. I really have to justify spending money on cakes since my husband lost his job. Just my opinionicon_smile.gif

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 5:21pm
post #8 of 13

Gosh, I LOVE mine! It's one of those "feel good" books. I thumb through it all the time. My husband bought it for me on Amazon at a fairly reasonable price, but at any price it's worth the money. (IMHO)

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 5:34pm
post #9 of 13

I love mine too. I use her Carrot Cake recipe from the book and everyone loves it.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 5:59pm
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicpark

I got it out of the library. It's got beautiful pictures in it. I would only use it for inspiration. I can't justify the price just for that. There are so many pictures of cakes on her website and here on CC to get great ideas. You can photocopy the recipes from it if there were any that you really liked. I really have to justify spending money on cakes since my husband lost his job. Just my opinionicon_smile.gif

Martha does have a good website - and of course CC has the best website of all!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 6:16pm
post #11 of 13

Oh I love that book! I put that out at tastings for people to thumb through! Love the pics, I don't care to try her recipes, but the pictures....oh wow. Love love love!

sugarplumfairycanada Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarplumfairycanada Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 6:24pm
post #12 of 13

I have her book which I love for inspiration and have tried some of her recipes as well. I love to look thru it and daydream. To me it was worth the price.
On the flip side, brides often look thru the book and find their dream cake - the only problem is these cakes are very time consuming and many brides get a dose of reality when the price of the cake quoted.

MalibuBakinBarbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MalibuBakinBarbie Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 7:18pm
post #13 of 13

My mom gave me this book as a gift. I love it for inspiration. I have yet to try one of her cake/filling/icing recipes as I am not a fan of "her" non-cake recipes that I have tried. However, because this book is so FULL of gorgeous cakes and ideas, for that reason I don't think you'll be disappointed. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%