Anyone Else Working Right Now?

Business By CakeMommyTX Updated 27 Nov 2009 , 1:22am by mommicakes

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 4:56am
post #1 of 19

Took a break and went home to make the marshmallow salad and cranberry mold and now I'm back making a rkt head for a frog.
Anyone else working?
icon_sad.gif

18 replies
Brandy982006 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brandy982006 Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 5:03am
post #2 of 19

I'm happy to say my cake was due this morning and I have the next 2 days to spend with family. I hope you will be able to finish so you can at least sit down and have dinner {hugs}

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 5:10am
post #3 of 19

Well, I'm not working...not baking for someone outside the family that is...but the sink was overflowing in my kitchen all day and I didn't get ANY of my baking done yet. I just finished making cupcakes because the cornucopia cake just wasn't going to happen. Now I need to make four dozen rolls, but I think they will have to wait for morning. I'm just too worn out from dealing with the sink and the repair man...and besides I couldn't cook so we went to Taco Cabana and I'm like a cat, when I'm full I want to curl up and nap.

CakeMommyTX Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 5:17am
post #4 of 19

Oh crap I just remembered I have to make the mini cheesecakes!
Ugh I should be done here in about an hour or so and then I'll get to go home and steam clean the carpet and make cheesecake!
These cakes are for saturday so I'm trying to get as much done today and then finish up friday afternoon, after I fight with ladies over Transformers at Walmart that is.
I've been doing push ups trying to get ready for black friday...lol

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 5:28am
post #5 of 19

I just took a ginger streusel pumpkin pie and a raspberry pear tart out of the oven. Dishes were cleaned while the tart was baking. Sitting back and doing my nails now!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 6:13am
post #6 of 19

I actually called my (married) daughter at 9:00 p.m. tonight and said, "Guess what I'm doing? NOTHING!!!!!!!!!! Bwah hahhahaha!"

This is the 2nd year that we are getting the Bob Evans family meal deal for Thanksgiving. It is GREAT! People always laugh at this since I'm a caterer, but I tell them, "I cook for a living ... not doing it on my day off!"

So we have no traditional food prep the night before like we've done for years and years. I have to cut some celery for a veg tray in the morning but that's it.

Ahhhhhh ...... I get to just go to her house, watch TV and enjoy a great dinner. You know .... have a relaxing holiday like the MEN do! hahahahahaha!

CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 6:18am
post #7 of 19

Sort of, just tweaking my web site, finishing a blog post, emailing a couple of contract updates to clients, and laundry.

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 6:19am
post #8 of 19

Just finished attaching handles to my miniature fondant tea set. I'm making a tea party cake for my mom's b'day next week and so had to get the tea set and mini two teir cake done and drying so it will be solid for when I have to paint it. Funny, never use to go to these lengths for the family b'day cakes before I became a decorator! LOL! Now the expectations, not just from my family and friends, but from MYSELF, are way high so I feel like I HAVE to go to these lengths to give a cake. The only upside is that now everyone considers the cake to be my gift! LOL! Ok, I still buy a gift but at least now the cake is not overlooked. My daughter, also a decorator, just shakes her head at me when she sees me working so hard...LOL..can't help myself!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I'm doing all the rest of the cooking except the turkey tomorrow!

Cat

cakesbyperla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyperla Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 6:41am
post #9 of 19

Chilling dough for a chocolate tart for tomorrow.
Baking cakes for a stagecoach cake for Friday.
Prepping for a Louis Vuitton purse for Saturday.
Feet hurt, sort of sleepy. Just waiting to bake the tart shell and finish the rest in the morning. Hopefully I can finish the stagecoach tomorrow so that I can do a little shopping on Friday icon_biggrin.gif

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 7:33am
post #10 of 19

Just finished my desserts and am so happy! I even made an extra one, chocolate mousse torte for my daughter home from college.

HarleyDee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HarleyDee Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 3:21pm
post #11 of 19

Spent most of yesterday assembling a wedding cake for tomorrow. Got to do Thanksgiving with two families today and then finish the groom's cake and the brownie pops. The groom's cake is only one tier, so no big deal there. And I only need 3dz. brownie pops, and they're already rolled out, just need to be dipped. But who in the world gets married the day after Thanksgiving?! icon_biggrin.gif

jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 3:53pm
post #12 of 19

HarleyDee, I can't believe how many weddings I turned down for Friday--had to be at least 5!

I decided to be closed for the whole weekend for the holiday ( I haven't had two days off in a LOOONNNGGG time- let alone 4!). We had a TON of brides calling trying to do a tasting on Fri, Sat, or Sun because "well, everyone is in town and wants to come with me!" Yeah, 'cause a tasting is really just a post-thanksgiving sugar rush for the whole family. icon_lol.gif

HarleyDee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HarleyDee Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 3:58pm
post #13 of 19

Yeh, I wish I could have afforded to turn this down. But it was a good chunk of change. Helps out for Christmas.. icon_smile.gif

mykidsarekillingme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mykidsarekillingme Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 4:23pm
post #14 of 19

No! This is the first year in 5 years that I don"t have any orders. I am finally trying to take some time off for me and mine. I have to say though, I don't know what to do with myself! LOL!

juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleebug Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 4:26pm
post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyDee

But who in the world gets married the day after Thanksgiving?! icon_biggrin.gif

That's EXACTLY what I thought when I was asked (4 DAYS AGO!!!) to do a wedding cake for tomorrow! Will be up ALL NIGHT working... icon_sad.gif

CakeMommyTX Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 4:43pm
post #16 of 19

My cakes are all just b-day cakes so no weddings here. I finally finished up at around 3am, I went ahead and got more done then I really needed to but that cuts my work load for Friday inhalf.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 7:46pm
post #17 of 19

Yep, I'm working. Three tier with a bow for tomorrow, and a five tier for Saturday.

suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 10:13pm
post #18 of 19

Nope! I took the weekend off! Haven't had a weekend off in months, catered a wedding last weekend, so this one is mine. Gonna go watch a couple movies and maybe do a little shopping.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend, whether you're working or just chillin' a bit.

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 1:22am
post #19 of 19

icon_lol.gif YUP!!!

I'm working on a 3 tiered 80th birthday cake.
Baked 2 1/2 of the tiers,
Made fondant leaves last night (till around 11pm)

Mixed up cream cheese icing/filling while making the Thanksgiving dinner for my family.

had to rebake one of the layers, (the one I forgot to double the shortening in the recipe). icon_confused.gif

now, I'm drinking a cup of coffee, digesting dinner, and waiting for that one layer to bake, and cruising CC. icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%