Sharing A Cake Funny....

Lounge By tracycakes Updated 27 Nov 2009 , 3:33am by Ruth0209

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 3:44am
post #1 of 5

As told by my co-worker to me today.

Sis, we'll call her Lucy, can make cakes but only does it for family. So, Lucy's brother, David, is getting married and Lucy is going to make the cake. SIL-to-be, Karen, meets with Lucy to pick out a cake. They go through books and Karen finds a cake she likes, and makes a few color changes. They actually write in the book what Karen wants. Lucy, however, likes the cake on the opposite page better. Karen says no, she wants this cake with these colors.

Guess which cake showed up at the wedding? Yep, the one that Lucy liked, all daisies and yellow that Lucy liked. Not the elegant cake is blues that Karen had picked out. icon_eek.gif

This came up because co-worker's son is getting married and Lucy is doing the flowers as she worked as a florist. The bride has already had to have her remake the bouquet because Lucy made it the way she wanted, not the way the bride wanted. Hmmm, think we could get away that? icon_wink.gif

4 replies
Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 5:22am
post #2 of 5

Wow, that takes some kind of nerve, doesn't it? Sorry bride - you picked an ugly cake so I'll take it upon myself to "fix" that for you. If I'd been the bride, I think I would have taken the top tier and shoved it in her face.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 11:09pm
post #3 of 5

I can really remember a cake I made that I would NOT put a pic of anywhere because it was soooooo awful but I still did what the bride wanted.
It was light teal green w/lavender band of icing around the bottom. That's iticon_sad.gif This was some 15 yrs ago before plain cakes really came into vogue. And it was set up over a fountain w/stairs to side cakes - UUUuuuggggggicon_sad.gif
But the moral is I did what the bride wanted even if I didn't like it.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 11:12pm
post #4 of 5

Ruth, your signature is one of my favorite Dr. Seuss quotes!

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 3:33am
post #5 of 5

Dr. Seuss was a very smart guy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%