Pls Help!! I Dont Know What I Did Wrong!!!

Decorating By babykonst Updated 26 Nov 2009 , 3:25am by sugarlicious

babykonst Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babykonst Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 2:00am
post #1 of 7

hi everyone, ive made mmf 4 times and 3 of the 4 times i was unable to use it!! it just keeps on tearing on me, seems way too mushy, i add more ps, and that still doesnt help!!! i also made some wilton gumpaste a few days ago used some, wrapped the rest in plastic wrap, stuck it ina zip lock, and put the zip lock in an air tight container, i went to go and use it today, and its rock solid!!!, is there anyway i can save it?? can i microwave it a bit?? all your expertise is greatly appreciated!!!

6 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 2:13am
post #2 of 7

You might need to peel it like a potato with a potato peeler because probably the outside is not usable. Ot use a knife to cut off the outside layer--cut it all off or it will mess things up. So ditch that dried out stuff and you should be able to use some short microwave bursts --like 5 seconds at a time and it should perk up for yah.

babykonst Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 2:26am
post #3 of 7

k8!! to my rescue once a again!! thanks i will try that!!! thanks soo much!!!

sugarlicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlicious Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 2:51am
post #4 of 7

I only use MMF and I follow the recipe

5 to 6 cups icing sugar
2 small bags of miniature marshmellows
1 tbs lemon juice
1 tbs light corn syrup
dash salt
1 tbs clear vanilla
1 tbs glycerine
2 tbs water
I use crisco only to grease my bowl that I use to microwave my marshmellows and to grease my wooden spatula I use to stir marshmellows as I am micowaving.

this is recipe I got here on CC and it always turns out great, even if I want to use as soon as I make or if I refrigerate and want to use later. I think what makes it stop drying out and cracking if the glycerine.

Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 3:06am
post #5 of 7

Thanks so much sugarlicious!!! I'm having the same fondant issues as the OP and I'm tired of wasting ingredients and making late night trips to Walmart for nasty Wilton crap, I really needed a new recipe! icon_biggrin.gif

babykonst Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 3:18am
post #6 of 7

thanks sugar!! will try that one out for sure!! and jeep girl....i totally know about thelate night trips to walmart for wilton!! lol

sugarlicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlicious Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 3:25am
post #7 of 7

Oh, I forgot to add when I refrigerate my fondant for any amount of time when I take it out, it is hard, but like K8 replied to pop it in the microwave for a few seconds and it will soften if you are in a hurry to use or you can just take it out of the refrigerator and let come to room temperature and when kneading the warmth of your hands will soften it too icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%