Icing Sculptor

Decorating By D77 Updated 27 Nov 2009 , 2:22am by bobwonderbuns

D77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
D77 Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 9:56pm
post #1 of 10

I got the Wilton Icing Sculptor going to try it tonight.
Has anyone used it? What do you think of it?

9 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 10:20pm
post #2 of 10

From all I have read most people *HATE!* it icon_sad.gif
I remember once when I was a Wilton instructor going to a teacher's meeting and the gal from Wilton demo'd it. The main thing that stood out from that demo is you must hold it *super tight* - white knuckle tight.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 10:38pm
post #3 of 10

D77 - SAVE YOUR RECEIPT, 'cause you'll want to return it. Biggest piece of garbage ever to come from Wilton and that's quite a statement.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 10:46pm
post #4 of 10

My garbage loved it!!!..
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

D77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
D77 Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 10:46pm
post #5 of 10

Well that is very disappointing. I was hoping & expecting it to be as good as it claims. I haven't ran into anything (that I can think of right now) that Wilton has came out with (of what I have used) that I didn't like or didn't live up to their name. Oh, wait the cake boxes & borads are not all that great. I don't seem to have muchluck with them...

The good news is that I only spent $3 on it. I had a coupond for $10 off an item.

AverageMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AverageMom Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 10:51pm
post #6 of 10

I bought it...I couldn't help it! I was sure it would be amazing! Somewhere on here, I saw a post saying to use the giant binder clips to hold the pieces in. That worked. But still, it sucked!!! I was so disappointed.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 10:57pm
post #7 of 10

D77, when you start buying more professional quality cake toys, you'll truly understand how inferior Wilton is. If you're only caking every now and then, it's OK stuff, but if you're going to get into this on a regular basis, you'll need better equipment. For example, start an Agbay savings account. icon_smile.gif

Donnabugg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnabugg Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 8:13pm
post #8 of 10

I bought one, used it and returned it within a week thumbsdown.gif

Goonergirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Goonergirl Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 9:31pm
post #9 of 10

Got it as a gift from DH. Too bad he didn't save the receipt. It's a hunk of junk. I keep it in the back of my closet because I don't have the heart to thorow it out.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 2:22am
post #10 of 10

What is this thing? I haven't heard of it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%