A Moral Dilemma??

Business By Cakechick123 Updated 4 Jan 2010 , 10:33pm by happigolucki35

WykdGud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WykdGud Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 9:06pm
post #31 of 36

I'm sorry, but what exactly is the OP risking by saying something?!? So what if she looks "catty"... if it turns out she's right and saves a bride from getting a cake wreck, isn't that worth it?

I think there are ways to phrase her concern without coming across poorly and he bride will appreciate it, I'm sure.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 9:24pm
post #32 of 36

It's cutthroat marketing no? I wanna get my cake orders because I got picked not because somebody else sucks. I have a pony in the race so my motive would be justifiably suspect on a potential ethics violation--nah ain't going there.

And I mean can op be positive that the bride went with that caker even.

I don't know it's a strange place to be but it's my job to talk her into me not to talk her out of somebody else. Talk her out of everybody else yes but to pinpoint a certain caker--?

I mean say a bride wants a cake that tastes gourmet awesome. Ok there's a place here that I know makes tasteless cakes. If she came to me I'd promote my delicious cakes but I would not tell them that the other place's cake sucks.

But I think what I could do is send her to you and you could tell her. icon_biggrin.gif Takes a village huh???

Cakechick123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakechick123 Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 9:40pm
post #33 of 36

well I did end up sending the bride an email, wishing her luck with her plans and advising her that she might want to check references and also photos of actual cakes done.
She mailed me back thanking me for my concern and saying that she will recommend me to her friends, in her case her budget is the only factor for selecting a decorator. She has also simplified her cake.

So I think that I have done my duty, if she does end up with a disaster at least she cant say she wasnt warned

Thank you for everyones input and advise!

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 2:22am
post #34 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by riana

So I think that I have done my duty, if she does end up with a disaster at least she cant say she wasnt warned.

..And we'll all get a laugh from that day's Cake Wrecks!!

Sounds like you were tactful and she was receptive... good job! thumbs_up.gif

Mabma80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mabma80 Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 8:47pm
post #35 of 36

It's like watching a train reck! It'll be entertaining to you...but probably not so much for her. To bad you can't ask for a picture of the end result just to see what skill level she really is! HA!

happigolucki35 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
happigolucki35 Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 10:33pm
post #36 of 36

Just move on if your cakes are really good, I am sure you have other customers. Some brides want a less expensive cake, let her get what she is paying for. Focus on your business.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%