Christmas Gift Idea...

Decorating By nicolemarie28 Updated 26 Nov 2009 , 4:09am by chocolatefan

nicolemarie28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicolemarie28 Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 6:43pm
post #1 of 5

My boyfriend's 14 year old daughter has aspirations of becoming a pastry chef when she older, and for her Christmas present this year, I was thinking of getting her a Cake book, and I was wondering what you guys would recomend me getting for her.

Thanks in advance icon_smile.gif

4 replies
madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 7:01pm
post #2 of 5

A nice how to dvd would be better as it shows exactly how to do things...just an idea

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 3:17am
post #3 of 5

if you are getting a cake book, i was given one for my birthday earlier this year and it is an overall book with some cakes, basic cake recipes, tips on gumpaste figures, tips on working with chocolate etc stuff like that.

I got mine over here in Aus but i am sure you would be able to get something similar over there, just a good starter

dstbni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dstbni Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 3:40am
post #4 of 5

I just got the Planet Cake book recently. It's super cute, and it has a lot of great designs and recipes. Barnes and NOble had the cheapest price from what I could find.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Planet-Cake/Paris-Cutler/e/9781435117051/?itm=1&USRI=planet+cake

chocolatefan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocolatefan Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 4:09am
post #5 of 5

I would recommend the book Hello Cupcake for a 14 year old. It has so many great fun cupcakes to make.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%