Reverse Shell Border Demonstration?

Decorating By metria Updated 25 Nov 2009 , 1:57am by wildwolves

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 10:55pm
post #1 of 8

does anyone know of a video online that can demonstrate doing a reverse shell border? i've never actually seen someone do this (i should've asked my instructor back when i was taking my wilton class). i keep reading instructions on how to do it, but i just can't wrap my head around it. i couldn't find anything on youtube.

7 replies
Skirt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skirt Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 11:07pm
post #2 of 8
metria Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 11:25pm
post #3 of 8

ugh my poor brain ... there's a bunch of people explaining it in different ways here:

http://www.wilton.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=3&threadid=85946

Some use clock positions and others basically say make question marks and reverse question marks. Would those look different or is it just different ways to explain it?

dynee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dynee Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 11:51pm
post #4 of 8

That is my all time favorite border. My only advice is that it just takes practice AND no matter how many times I have done it, I have to constantly say in my mind:"Right...Left...Right...Left...". If I don't, I just get all mixed up. Good Luck

dstbni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dstbni Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 11:52pm
post #5 of 8
metria Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 12:05am
post #6 of 8

oh thank you all...i got it all kinds of mixed up! i thought the clock times meant some angle of your wrist. i think i can do it now!

mandyloo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandyloo Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 12:32am
post #7 of 8

wildwolves Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildwolves Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 1:57am
post #8 of 8

I think i would mess it up and forget to go in the opposite direction lol. Good luck with it icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%