Diamontes On A Cake

Decorating By wildwolves Updated 24 Nov 2009 , 7:09pm by wildwolves

wildwolves Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildwolves Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 6:02pm
post #1 of 4

I have a bride who is thinking about having diamontes on her cake.. She wants to have them scattered over the side of the cake.. I have never done this before and Im worried about people accidentally eating them.. I know that you can get the edible diamonds now but I dont want to risk them going cloudy on the wedding cake.. Its pretty humid where I live.. Has anyone ever added diamontes to a cake? How do i make sure that they are all removed before anyone eats it?
Thanks in advance for any Help icon_smile.gif

3 replies
Susie-Woo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie-Woo Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 6:17pm
post #2 of 4

I used diamantes on my birthday cake. Stuck them on with sugar glue....

I would suggest you tell the bride that they are not edible and that she should make sure they are removed. I'd deliver the cake with a note confirming this and maybe get the bride to sign it so later on she can't then say she didn't know. It would then be her responsibility to make sure they are removed - you would have done everything you can to make sure they are aware.

Cher2309b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cher2309b Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 6:38pm
post #3 of 4

I agree with Mrs Mouldy. I would add to that note the exact number of diamontes attached and instruct her, still in the note, to ensure that every one of them is removed and accounted for, prior to cutting.

wildwolves Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildwolves Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 7:09pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks Cher2309b and MrsMouldy thats what i was thinking.. The cake is covered in fonatant so they will be easy to see... Just don't want anyone to choke on them! Counting them is a great idea.. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%