Isomalt, Can I Get It Online? Where Do You Get Yours?

Decorating By JCE62108 Updated 28 Nov 2009 , 3:43pm by MYOM-Dominic

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 8:02pm
post #1 of 7

I just bought some first impressions molds! Im sooo excited. Its my first time buying from them. A customer wants diamonds on her cake, so I figure isomalt is probably the way to go? Only thing is Ive been looking for it in my area and cant find it. I saw someone on here at one point say to get it at a health food store, but Ive probably tried 8 health food stores and none of them have it. Anyone know where I can get it online for a good price? Does it pretty much melt just like sugar? Ive never worked with this stuff, or even sugar for that matter. Ive read a lot though. I guess that helps.

Sorry I ramble when Im excited. Ok, so...help?

6 replies
__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 8:15pm
post #2 of 7

I just found 8 places that sell Isomalt online. Lots of prices to compare.

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 8:44pm
post #3 of 7

Eh.Yeah I was hoping someone could give me a suggestion on a place they have used before. Im not so keen on the thought of giving out my card number to a random company on the internet, you know what I mean? That's why I asked. Thank you though. Ill take a closer look at these companies that sell it. Sometimes you just dont know, though.

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 8:58pm
post #4 of 7

Contact Kathy Scott from Sweet Expressions in Abbeville, SC. She was working on redesigning her website. She may have it back up and running. What I like about her stuff is that she has the Isomalt in blocks that have already been initially cooked. Therefore, all you have to do is microwave the block down into liquid and can store it and reheat at a later time.

Paul

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 9:05pm
post #5 of 7

Yes - Kathy Scott sells regular and "pre-cooked". Also, check out Make Your Own Molds dot com (no spaces) - Chef Dominic is a new supporting CC member an has excellent prices thumbs_up.gif

Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 3:56am
post #6 of 7

HI all! I moved this thread to the makeyourownmolds.com forum

Chef Dominic sells Isomalt at his shop and they have fantastic customer service and pricing. Also, if you had any questions about using the isomalt or molds later, he and his staff have a lot of useful information, so they can post here to help out.

MYOM-Dominic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MYOM-Dominic Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 3:43pm
post #7 of 7

Hi JCE62108 - I have a very high quality Isomalt and provide cooking instructions with every shipment.

Helpful Tip When Pouring Isomalt into Silicone Molds - Almost all silicone can cause pitting in the surface of the Isomalt when you remove it from a mold. To lessen this effect, after you have cooked the isomalt, place it in a 265 degree oven and let it cool down to that temperature. After about 15 minutes at this holding temp. all the air bubbles in your mixture will be gone and you will be pouring something that looks like "liquid glass!" The reduced pouring temperature will lessen the pitting effects from your silicone molds. You can pour Isomalt as low as 250 degrees and you can adjust temperature that low if you are still experiencing pitting at 265.

Hope This Helps.
Dominic

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%