When Will I Ever Learn? Vent...

Decorating By mim1106 Updated 23 Nov 2009 , 9:08pm by marmalade1687

mim1106 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mim1106 Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 7:12pm
post #1 of 7

that I am NOT that good. icon_cry.gif
So, the duck hunting cake I made last night didn't work out. Apparently the dog was too heavy and he took a swim while we were sleeping. So, now picture the cake with no boat, hunter or dog...just a lake scene with cattails and some decoys that someone left. LOL I SOOOO wanna give up sometimes. Don't you hate when you think (after a disaster) OOOH, That is what I should have done!
I am proud of the chocolate ducks, though.
Glad I just do these for my friends!
**sigh** icon_sad.gif

6 replies
drummer27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drummer27 Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 7:35pm
post #2 of 7

Don't be so hard on yourself!!! We all have bad cake days...my dance instructor always says if you get it perfect the first time what do you have to work towards? Every time I finish a cake I usually step back and say "Oh...I wish I would have done it this way instead..." We are all our own worst critic. Keep at it! icon_biggrin.gif

marmalade1687 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmalade1687 Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 8:20pm
post #3 of 7

Don't feel so bad - one of the first cakes that I made was a grad cake for my brother-in-law. It was a slab with a "tower" on it representing one of the buildings at the university. By the time we got to the party, it was sinking into the slab - I hadn't done the supports correctly! The big joke of the night was that the real tower was on an earthquake fault line (really!), so I had done that on purpose, "and did you know just how long it took me to do that??" icon_lol.gif

MrsNancyB1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsNancyB1 Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 8:28pm
post #4 of 7

I just took a look at your cakes, and I think your cakes are great!!!! Even the cake that you're referring to you in your post is very good. I agree with everyone else that you're being WAY too hard on yourself. But I guess we are all guilty of that.

mim1106 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mim1106 Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 8:50pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks, guys. I honestly didn't post to get pats on the back. Just frustrated. marmalade....That is hilarious! I am sure it wasn't at the time, but good save..LOL
I just got a call from the lady I made this for. (she is my daughter's gymnastic instructor) She just told me not to worry about next month's tuition! How awesome is that?!!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 9:04pm
post #6 of 7

I think your cake looks great as well. It's not easy, but you learn so much as you keep going.

marmalade1687 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmalade1687 Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 9:08pm
post #7 of 7

See, you are just too hard on yourself! She loved it!

And BTW...it was funny at the time... icon_rolleyes.gif sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself and your cake efforts!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%