How To Put Two Colors Of Icing On Cupcake

Baking By Mickeebabe Updated 24 Nov 2009 , 10:05pm by cylstrial

Mickeebabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mickeebabe Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 4:28am
post #1 of 7

I want to put two colors of icing on top of a cupcake to look more like a flower. How do you put two colors into the bag? Is there a trick? Or something you can buy?

Thanks for the help. icon_razz.gif

6 replies
dstbni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dstbni Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 4:39am
post #2 of 7

I used this technique on some cupcakes and it turned out to be really pretty.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=588591&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

dstbni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dstbni Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 4:40am
post #3 of 7

Sorry, I mean you make up two of the frosting "plugs" and drop them both in the bag, then you get a two tone swirl. I hope that helps

Mickeebabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mickeebabe Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 12:25am
post #4 of 7

I'll try that.

Thank you!

KateLS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KateLS Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 12:39am
post #5 of 7

One thing I tried, and worked really well, is put both colors side by side in the same plug. Less work, I thought, too. However, when finished, if there is any left over, you're stuck with the colors together. Two plugs allow to still use them separately. So, your choice! =)

Good luck!

Margieluvstobake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Margieluvstobake Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 12:59am
post #6 of 7

To give you a more subtle second color (might be nice on a flower) you can use the method of striping the bag. Before you put in any icing, use a paintbrush to brush a line of icing color (just the icing color only - not mixed with the icing) up the side (or both sides) of your icing bag. Go from the tip all the way up the side - to the top of where the icing will be. Then put in main icing. When you squeeze it out, it will have the second color on the edge. I don't know if I have explained this very well, but it makes a very nice effect.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 10:05pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margieluvstobake

To give you a more subtle second color (might be nice on a flower) you can use the method of striping the bag. Before you put in any icing, use a paintbrush to brush a line of icing color (just the icing color only - not mixed with the icing) up the side (or both sides) of your icing bag. Go from the tip all the way up the side - to the top of where the icing will be. Then put in main icing. When you squeeze it out, it will have the second color on the edge. I don't know if I have explained this very well, but it makes a very nice effect.

If you took the Wilton course 1, this method is in the book.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%