Silicone Baking Sheets

Decorating By Charmed Updated 24 Nov 2009 , 5:10pm by Charmed

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 4:02am
post #1 of 7

today I saw these cookie baking sheets that are made of silicone with metal bars around it for stability . has anyone used these before? what is your opinion about these baking sheets. I have read that baking in silicone makes the baked goods taste funny!!

6 replies
tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 4:11am
post #2 of 7

I use mine all the time and love them, they never make any of my cookies taste funny, I also use them for rolling fondant

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 4:41am
post #3 of 7

I got one for Christmas last year. I use them for rolling out small fondant pieces as well. As far as baking, their okay. When you go to take them out the oven they get soft so everything kind of slides to the middle.

tatorchip Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 4:48am
post #4 of 7

did you try putting the silicone sheet on a flat cookie sheet, the kind without sides, that is what I do and when I take them out they don't move that way.

tatorchip Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 5:00am
post #5 of 7

thats true, mine doesn't have the metal frame, I was thinking about getting one with the metal frame but now I have second thoughts about it. I was wondering how you got it in and out of the oven, now I know. I was thinking about mine lol

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 5:13am
post #6 of 7

I don't know what happen to my post, but when Is aw you said yoou put it on the cookie sheet & thought about it some more, I thought they might have been the silicone sheets, not cookie sheets. But to the OP I think they are great to do fondant & gumpaste work on.

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 5:10pm
post #7 of 7

I think it would be useful in case you just roll your cookie dough right on it and then cut the shapes and just take off the scraps without distorting the cookies. thanks for all your inputs thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%